V

𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆: 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒔

-

"MORRIGAN!" Klaus shouts from downstairs, and despite the fact that he is well aware of my supernatural hearing, he decides to burst my eardrums. "Morrigan!"

"What?" I shout, walking down the stairs. "What do you want, Nik?"

"Can you just get down here?" He says in a more normal volume. "I am bringing Sophie Devereaux here and I thought you might want to be involved," he says. "It's called consideration."

"So considerate," I mutter before he speeds away. I turned to Rebekah who was also in the room. "How's Elijah doing?" I ask, having not spoken to the girl since last night when we were in the bayou.

"He asked about you. He wanted to know if you were here," she said. "And then he laughed. He actually laughed at the idea that you weren't."

"How did you find him?" I ask and she shrugs. 

"Remember when you were making fun of me for looking on the internet for window shutters?" She says smugly and I laugh. 

"Shut up! No that is not how you found him," I laugh. It felt good to laugh. 

"And you waved off my... what did you call it? Window shopping."

Suddenly, Klaus zoomed in and threw Sophie Devereaux on one of the armchairs. "We had a deal!" He exclaims. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army, and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches!"

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear!" Sophie claims. "Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die."

"Then who were they?" Rebekah asks.

"They're a faction of extremists," she sighs. "Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby," Sophie huffs, but that piqued my interest. 

"What kind of vision?" Klaus says, fixing his posture slightly. 

"She has them all the time, they're totally open to interpretation, I'm guessing she's wrong on this one."

"Well how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus asks. 

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches," Sophie says hesitantly. 

"Well, I grow fonder of this child by the second," Klaus quips and I roll my eyes. 

"Of course she's wrong," I start, leaning on an armchair. "Do you think Sabine's the first witch to have a vision like that? She's not even the first this century."

"Sophie, look, I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty, why don't you tell me how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah asks, but Sophie pretty much ignores the question.

"Elijah's talking to Davina?" Sophie exclaims. 

"Yeah," Rebekah says offhandedly.  "As we speak, I imagine."