I

𝒐𝒏𝒆: 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒖𝒏

-

SINCE before the Renaissance, some may call it the Middle Ages, Morrigan Brooks knew the world was a dark place. She knew more than most about things that went bump in the night. The magical world of the supernatural was the same as the mundane, disregarding those few obvious differences that few really saw.

She believed in karma. Of course, she did. She was a vampire and vampires had sins stacking up against them as easily as day turned to night, but Morrigan was also a witch.

She believed that people, vampires, werewolves, witches and humans alike got what they deserved. It wasn't hard, and she knew for a fact that there were forces beyond anyone's comprehension, she knew they were there.

Like everyone else, in the back of her mind, she never thought something could happen to her. Something that changed the course of her life. She subconsciously believed she was above those forces, though with three hundred-odd years of lying, thieving, and just embracing her vampirism, her sins caught up to her. They crept up on her in the form of her father, ruining what should have been the happiest day of her immortal life.

She got what she deserved, and she suffered in the form of ignorance and unenlightenment about her past.

It haunted her. She woke up day in and day out, wondering where she came from, and what her life was like.

She wanted to hurt the person who did it to her, not that she knew. She didn't know anything.

Theodore Brooks got off easily, and maybe that was his way of haunting her forever.

Morrigan

Throughout my long life, I have known the Mikaelson's for a good portion of it, and of course I knew that magical anomalies followed them wherever they went, but I never thought I would see the day when a child was conceived from a vampire. I knew that Klaus Mikaelson was... different. Special. Strange. But I thought after all this time that it would just be dust down there.

That was not an image I wanted in my head.

New Orleans had drastically changed since I had lived there last and while I was excited to go back for an extended amount of time, I was acutely aware that Elijah had stopped answering my calls over a month ago.

He had told me himself, specifically, to enjoy myself, but after the thirtieth missed call and the sixth week of no contact, I got worried.

Well, I got worried after the first week, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after almost two months, he wouldn't get any benefits.

I tried him one more time before going to board my flight, but after that, I gave him some space.

I imagined he had his hands full with this werewolf girl and Klaus, especially if the brothers were in closed quarters. I knew Klaus and I knew Elijah, so I knew they would be getting on each other's nerves since their 'agendas' were completely opposite.

"I'll miss you guys," I say, going to hug Henry and Emilie, the beautiful newlyweds about to leave for their honeymoon, and then Eliza, who was staying in Spain for the time being, so Elijah being MIA could not have come at a better time.

For the following hours, I made every little bit of drama leave my mind and slept, having had little of it over the past week.

Partying in Barcelona and wedding planning were both on the list of my favourite things, but when your brother-in-law gets a girl pregnant, and said brother-in-law is Klaus Mikaelson, it puts a bit of a damper on things.