𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

Morrigan

1704

I COULD hear church bells. That was how I knew we were close. The original vampire they called noble stood next to me, his eyes glinting in the light of the moon, seeming peaceful.

Also looking at me with gaiety.

"I can promise you, I don't need to do this! A ghost ship is so much more effective!" I protested, but they were hearing none of it.

"Mor, you lost the bet, now you have to pay up," Rebekah says, passing me my very favourite white dress.

"If it makes you feel better, they will write up legends about you. I can already see the headlines," Klaus mocks. "Woman in white on the ghost ship."

"That doesn't make me feel better and that is a horrible title," I mutter, snatching the dress from Rebekah's hands, ignoring their chortles of laughter.

I walk down, into the barracks and Elijah follows me, still shaking with mirth.

"It's not funny," I groan into his chest.

"It is a bit funny," he says, stroking my back. "For once, I think Niklaus is right. They will make legends about you."

"I don't want legends about me," I complain. In the back of my mind, I was slightly intrigued at what this would bring, but my dignity was dying by the second.

I changed from my simple blue dress to the white one as slowly as possible, before trudging back up the stairs.

"This will be hilarious!" Rebekah states yet again, her face expressing only glee.

"Why do you care how they will react? We're just going to kill them," I point out but she waves me off.

"It's not them that will be funny," she says. "It's you. You never do anything like this!"

"Yeah, whatever. Just hide, we're close to shore," I say, waving her off.

Utilising my magic, I made the wind project my voice, leaving an eerie echo across the bay.

"Ma'am?" I hear, and I turn my 'tear-stained' face towards the voice, where I find six men climbing onto our ship.

"The storm," I say, breathlessly. "The storm took them all out. My husband-"

"You'll be alright ma'am. Do you own this boat?" He asks in a thick French accent. Greedy ass.

"No," I sniffle and he badly attempts to hide a smile.

"Take it all," he mutters to his crew mates. "It is legally forfeit."

Completely shameless. I guess my fake dead husband doesn't matter.

"Take what suits you," one of the younger men says, but I lure them down into the hold.

"No! No, please, my husband's jewels! It's all I have left of him!" I say, running further and further into the shadows into Elijah's arms, both of us quietly laughing to ourselves.

They find the coffins and the younger one points to some crew mates. "Open it up," he orders, not even realising I had disappeared. 

They creak it open to find a newly daggered Kol.

"What the hell?" One of them says.

"I think that one looks tasty," I whisper to Elijah and he nods as if to say go for your life, and so I do.

I speed around them, snatching my target and ripping into his neck under the shadow's protection, and as I suspected, his blood was sweet and warm, unlike the half-dead crew we had been snacking on for the past week.

Klaus, who was up above, snatched a crew member who was running away, for himself and then Rebekah did the same.

"Hello," Rebekah says politely a moment later, wiping a droplet of blood from the corner of her mouth with a handkerchief. "Lovely to see such a handsome face after a long journey. Can I eat him, brother?" She asks and Elijah steps out of the shadows.

"I'd rather you didn't," he says as he walks out of the shadows in his usual dramatic fashion, making the man whip his head around. "There's no need to be afraid," he says calmly before compelling the Frenchman. "He'll do exactly as I say. He'll remember nothing."

"I will remember nothing," the man repeats in a dull tone.

"We've had a very long journey wherein unfortunately, we have lost all of our crew, therefore we ask you to kindly transport our belongings to the shore."

"What kind of hell demons are you?" He asks and I roll my eyes at the question, quietly dropping my guy on the floor.

"We're vampires, darling," Rebekah speaks up. "The original vampires. Rebekah," she nods, introducing herself before her brothers. "Elijah, our brothers Kol and Finn, may they rest in peace."

"Are we saving the best for last?" Nik asks from the deck of the ship, holding one of the men as he lay limp in his arms, the bottom half of the original's face painted with blood.

I walk up and stand next to Elijah, plucking the handkerchief from his breast pocket and wiping the remnants of blood from the corners of my mouth before putting it back, and wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"And our half-brother, Niklaus," Rebekah says, exasperated, turning on her heel to face him. "Ignore him, he's a beast."

Nik laughs before dropping the Frenchman down the stairs, though he is already dead.

"And, of course, Morrigan," Rebekah adds, nodding in my direction, and Elijah subtly squeezes my hip.

"We fled Europe and survived the seas," Nik starts. "Would you rather I arrive hungry on the shores of our new homeland?" He asks rhetorically.

"Niklaus, your manners are as always without equal," Elijah quips. "Sir, would you be so good as to tell us where it is we have landed?"

"The French colony of Louisiana, off the shores of a town they've named New Orleans," he says monotonously.

"I thank you so much," Elijah says, walking past him with me. "Oh, I do recommend you find yourself further assistance with the luggage. My sincere apologies."

prologue already are you kidding me??

I've been writing this for a while even when I was doing Words I Can't Say and I cannot express how excited I am to finally have this out for you guys to read!

and thank you so much @l0ser_kh0le for the graphics they're amazing!!!