chapter 7

Amara has gotten really good with her speech. She can basically speak good full sentences. She would mess up sometimes, but she's only one and a half, so that's expected. 6 months ago, Jay asked naveah out, and they've been dating ever since. Amara calls naveah mom or anything revolving around that. And naveah loves that. Jay loves the bond the two girls have, and it makes him happy knowing Amara has another parent figure in her life, especially a girl.

Amara's birthday was coming up in august on the 3rd. She would be turning two, and she's super excited." Come on, pretty we gon go to the studio," naveah said while she started to collect the toys from the living room that Amara was paying with. " But I wanna play," Amara said, pouting. " ok, bring a stuffed animal with you then," she replied, leaving the room. " Hey ma, we gotta go. Can you grab Amara and out her in her carseat?" Jay asked, naveah. " yea sure," She said, putting on her Jordan 11s and then helping Amara put on her Jordan 3s. Naveah buckled Amara in and sat in the front, waiting for jay to come out. "You want mcdonalds, Mama?" Jay asked Amara. She nodded. " You want mcdonalds, too, ma," she nodded as well.

They got mcdonalds and then headed to the studio. Once they got there, Jay had Amara in his hands while she slept. Some of the guys were smoking. "Aye, I know we be smoking in the studio, but cut that shit out, ma daughter here," Jay said before dd grabbed Amara out of Jay's arms gently. He rocked her back and forth while drawing circles on her back. " wassup naveah," notti said before sitting next to dd and kissing amaras forehead. " wassup," she said back.

" Man, I need to smoke, and you wanna bring yo daughter around. I don't care. ima smoke anyways, " Kendrick said. Kendrick is new to the group, so he doesn't know how they get about amara. And I mean how all of oy gets. " Nah, if you wanna smoke, take that shit outside and not around our neice." Quan said while taking the blunt out of his hand and putting it out. " it's raining outside," Kendrick mugged Quan. "Then I guess you not gonna smoke," keem said, backing up his brother. ( kd is short for Kendrick )

kd kissed his teeth. "Fuck yo daughter" kd mumbled but notti and ddot heard. "The fuck did you just say about our neice?" Notti said standing up and hiking up his pants, same with ddot. "Man, I ain't say shit," kd said with some hesitation because he heard what they do to people who disrespect they family.

"Nah nigga I heard what you said. Say some shit like that again, and we gon buss you in you shit."ddot said before sitting back down. After all of that, Amara woke up in dds arms. "Hi tio David," she said, rubbing her eyes. "Hi pretty, you good?" She just nodded and put her thumb while laying her head on dds' shoulder.

" Mama, what I say about sucking on yo thumb,"notti said. She took her thumb out of her mouth and had tears in her eyes. " I ain't mean to hurt yo feelings Mama, but that's not good for you." "Mean, "she said before turning her head the other way. That made notti feel bad for making her sad. He did have snacks, so he thought giving her her favorite chips, she would forgive him. "Here, Mama," notti said. Amara turned around and saw nacho cheese dorritos. She smiled before hugging notti and giving him a kiss on the cheek. " Thank you, tio Ethan." she said, then she grabbed the food. Kd kept mugging Amara. He was still mad about not being able to smoke and then getting pressed by ddot and notti, so he blamed Amara.

Amara kept looking back at kd to see if he was still staring at him, and he always is. She was playing with blocks on the floor while the others recorded music or were just talking. Naveah was the one watching Amara because she doesn't have anything else to do. "Ima go to the bathroom, baby. I'll be right back, " naveah said. "Ok, Mama,"Amara said, not paying any attention to anything but the blocks because she was building a big beautiful tower. She walked up to ddot, notti, jay, dd, Quan and keem. "Do you wanna see my tower when I'm done? It's beautiful, " she said with a big smile. "Yea, of course, come get us when you done ok mama?" She nodded and then ran back. After about 10 minutes, she was finally done with her tower. It was big, and it took a while because she was slow and careful with it. She called them over, and by the time they got to her, kd walked over there and pushed and kicked her tower down and messed her tower up.