Chapter 5

As the earth continuously spun, these butterflies in my stomach became much more expressive in their own little ways, as this feeling infested my porcelain heart, and gave birth to even more butterflies.

Falling for him like this was never part of my plan.
Every interaction, every glance, every word that came out of his mouth, everything he did made me have something to look forward to amidst my mundane routine.

"Kaylee! Come here, quick!" Jo called me from a distance. I was at the court with my friends chatting and walking.

It was Caleb's birthday actually; he was a year younger than me—I only knew that recently from Leanne, I didn't greet him yet though, I couldn't find a chance to do so.

"Senior Jeilou, this is Kaylee.", Jo introduced me to a group of people.

That made me confused, well—not until they introduced themselves.

They were part of the club that I joined about a month ago; I was glad to meet them but I can't deny that I was nervous to be meeting a multitude of new people in such a short amount of time.

"Hi Kylie, welcome to our tribe.", someone said from my side;

It was a familiar voice.

Caleb Rye, was part of my tribe.

I immediately got goosebumps when I realized who it was. My excitement was immeasurable, I couldn't believe I was in the same tribe with him.

"Thank you, Rye" I replied in my usual tone, hiding the fact that I was about to implode with excitement from the inside.

I was expecting him not to participate in the club, 'cause I didn't see his name on the list of new members, and that made me somewhat disappointed, but there was nothing that I could really do. But now, him, and me, in the same tribe? It was almost too good to be true. After that short welcoming meeting, everyone scattered and rushed to do their destined tasks.

I tried to find Caleb in the small crowd, wanting to wish him a happy birthday.

And that's it, when I saw him, I shouted: "Rye! Happy birthday!" with my hands on my knees, panting a little.

He looked back at me and smiled, shouting back thank you, and then he waved me goodbye.

I went back to my friends and we decided to go home because it was getting dark.

"I can't believe I got into my dream tribe." Sebastian exclaimed in excitement. "We're not in the same tribe, but I'm happy with mine." Leanne continued the topic and Dave nodded beside her. "Shella and me are on the same tribe, we're really destined to be together~" Trisha replied to both of them.

I was behind them minding my own business, I didn't get my dream tribe but I was really glad that I was in the same tribe with Caleb.

I smiled in delusion thinking about what happened earlier like an absolute fool.

-----
Later that night, when it was almost my bedtime, I received a message from Caleb.

"Hii Kylie! Good evening, I should've invited you to my birthday party earlier; I'm glad that we're in the same tribe though."

I was honestly pretty surprised. I wasn't expecting him to invite me earlier, I mean— we're not even close and we just met a while ago.

I replied to him as soon as I processed everything in my head.

Our conversation went on to a bunch of different topics; I was thrilled to be with him that night, chatting about things I forgot about, but I really enjoyed his company that night, and I hope that he felt the same

It was our first long conversation together.

I couldn't help but assume during our conversation though, I hoped that he was implying something else instead of just being friendly.

These assumptions gave me hope that perhaps maybe, maybe that this'll work out.