CHAPTER 2

As the pandemic began to settle down, everyone around me started living their lives like normal, as if nothing happened. Even the government was being less strict, doubling down on the health protocols and such; though masks were still required. Almost everything was back to what it used to be.

When my mom told me that we were gonna retrieve  my modules with her this Thursday: I was ecstatic because I finally got to go to the new school; even better was that my friends were coming as well.

It'll be our first time in the new school. New adventures and memories await us.

 June 16, 2022; It's been a while since I felt the wind flowing through my hair, and the warm yellow light of the sun on my face. I was really looking forward to meeting some of my classmates in person, some of whom I didn't really know that well: so I was very nervous.

"I'll try my best not to be shy with them. Kylie, you'll try to greet them, okay?" I muttered, trying to reassure myself.

Then shortly after, my friends showed up and came to where I was. I was surprised by their presence; most especially by the atmosphere that they were providing.

It was warm. It made me feel at ease.

It was like reading one of your favorite books in an open, quiet field of great, green grass during a sunset.

It just felt comforting, something my limited vocabulary can't really describe. They're presence made me think: "maybe this won't be so bad after all, as long as they're here with me."

With a smile on my face, we went to our section advisor, greeted her, took some photos and took our very first adventure inside school grounds. We were laughing and enjoying ourselves like we were the only people in campus.

I was imagining how our highschool lives would turn out when face-to-face classes started again. Imagining how we would spend each day trying to survive in that classroom in order for us to reach our goals and be successful in the future.

Imagining that tiny classroom so full of dreams, hope, effort, dedication and the occasional gossip, it made me even more excited for what was to come.

We were ready to face everything that lay ahead of us. I was having a great time in the new school, talking with my friends, exploring, enjoying the scenery, and meeting new people, when all of a sudden I saw someone I never expected to meet.

I saw him. I saw Caleb Rye for the first time.

I didn't know if he was actually the bonafide hottie that I thought he was, because I only heard his voice, and I never actually saw his face; but my suspicions were quickly disproven when I actually got to see him.

I tried to hide my shock while talking to my classmates. He was wearing a gray t-shirt, some gray pajama pants; together with some glasses and his long, uncut hair. He was busy talking; but he looked fantastic in that simple, but stylish outfit.

I tried forgetting what I saw for a moment so I could focus my attention on these people talking in front of me.

Under the hot sun, my friends and I walked together, enjoying the light breeze that accompanied us.

That night, I was thinking about what happened earlier. It was more than I could've imagined. I was really looking forward to finally attending school again.

I was excited to do things like before, and I was glad to meet him too.

"How ironic of me to plaster a smile on someone who doesn't even know me. Well, I guess I'll be fine when school starts; I hope so." I told myself.