Plotting With The Enclave

Chapter 4

Tessa was Changed into Camille, and was trying to learn how to walk like her.

“Just walk from one end of the room to the other, we'll tell you if you look convincing.” Will said, he was reclining in a chair, his feet up on a table.

I sat forwards, “You need to stand straighter, hold your head high. Vampires think that they're better than everyone else, so act like that.”

“Like it's that easy.” Tessa growled at me, and I stood up, the stupid dress trailing along behind me.

I faced her, my back straight and my face with a look of superiority. I walked away from her, and mimicked Camille's walk perfectly, gliding across the floor as if it were ice.

I turned to Tessa, who had a look of anger on her face. “Maybe you should be the one with the gift I have. You could put it to better use.” There was a tinge of hatred in her voice.

I sat back down in my chair I had been in before, between Will and Jem.

Will was telling Tessa how she walked like a duck, then him and Jem were discussing ducks.

“Remember that time you made me feed the ducks in the park a mallard pie, to see if you could breed a race of cannibal ducks?” Jem asked, laughing slightly.

“They ate it too, the bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.”

“Jace hated ducks too.” I said suddenly.

Will and Jem gave me a startled look, the Tessa cleared her throat forcing them to look at her. I could see Jem glancing at me every now and again though.

“I didn't let you all stay so you could natter on about ducks!”

Tessa bit her lip, and winced when Camille's fangs pierced the skin.

“I don't know what makes them come out like that!” She said, obviously frustrated.

“Hunger is what makes them come out. Where you thinking about blood?” I asked her, and she narrowed her eyes at me.

“How is you know so much about vampires?”

“Besides that I'm a Shadowhunter? Clary's best friend Simon was a vampire. And me and Jace killed an entire hotel full of vampires, set the whole place on fire.”

She glared. “Were you thinking about eating me?” Will asked her, his face openly curious.

“No!”

“No one would blame you, he's very annoying.” Jem said, and Will cracked a smile.