7. "The Last Meeting"

Please comment and vote don't be a silent reader it's demotivating, I'm a new writer in a community and I need your feedback to improve my writing and to get notification. Please do comment and vote.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Author's Pov:-

Aaruhi stepped into her house and noticed her mother sitting on the couch, rhythmically tapping her feet. She tiptoed towards the living room, trying not to make any noise.

"Um, Mom," she murmured softly, catching her mother's attention.

"You're back. Come, sit," her mother said, motioning for Aaruhi to join her on the couch.

Aaruhi settled comfortably beside her, but before she could gather her thoughts, her mother bombarded her with questions.

"So, how was your meeting? Did you like him? What did you both decide? You didn't say anything unpleasant to him, did you? What was his response? Why are you so quiet?"

"Mom, how can I speak when you're not letting me?" Aaruhi retorted, her irritation evident in her tone.

"Okay, I'm sorry. My mistake. Now, tell me," her mom apologized.

"Our decision is no. And, Mom, you promised you'd accept whatever I decide, so please don't pressurize me anymore," Aaruhi conveyed in one breath.

"Of course, I won't pressurize. As I've said before, it's your life, and you have the right to decide," her mother reassured her, gently squeezing her hand.

"I love you, Mumma," Aaruhi whispered.

"I love you more, my dear," her mother replied, her eyes filled with affection.

Mehra mansion

Ruhaan swiftly entered his home, closing the door behind him. Before he could ascend the stairs, his parents intercepted him.

"So?" his mother inquired, arching her eyebrows expectantly.

"We don't wanna get married," Ruhaan stated, in a visibly irritated tone.

"But why? What's the issue? It's your grandfather's desire. Can't you fulfill it for him? Throughout your life, we and your grandfather have always supported you, never denying you anything. And now, you're refusing his final wish," his father interjected, his tone laced with frustration.

“Dad mere bhi kuch sapne hai, I have my own life and I get to decide whether  I want to get married or not,” Ruhaan said, trying to control his anger.

“Kya sapne hai? Raat raat bhar awagardi karne ko clubbing karne ko faltu logo ke sath ghumne ko faltu cheezo pe paise udane ko sapne nhi kehte. Zimmedariyan lo or zimmedar bano” His dad shouted.
(What are your dreams? Staying out all night, clubbing, hanging out with useless people, wasting money on useless things, that's not what dreams are. Take responsibilities and become responsible.")

“Chhor dijiye woh sahi keh rha hai yeh uski zindagi hai hum zabardasti use kisi rishte me nhi bandh sakte” Ruhaan's mom finally spoke trying to calm his father down.
("It's true, let it go. It's his life, we can't force him into any relationship.”)

“Let me live peacefully Dad. I beg you” Ruhaan said before dashing towards the stairs.

                             🌻

“Bhai tu zinda hai? Mujhe laga mar gaya shayad” A voice echoed in the gym, interrupting Ruhaan's gym session.
(“Bro you are alive? I thought you died”)

“Busy hu ajkal” Ruhaan replied in a stren voice.
(“I am busy these days”)

“Nayi girlfriend bana li kya tune? Haaye mera dost paraya hogya” The person dramatically said.
("Have you found a new girlfriend? Oh, my friend has become a stranger.”)