chapter thirty-one<3

lilys pov

we were standing in the airport, passports in hand, suitcases in the other.

"you excited?" tom asked, as he turned to look down at me.

"very. feels like so long since ive seen my mum and sister." i replied, trying not to jump with excitement.

we stood in line and waited till it was our turn, before boarding the plane and finding our seats.

we sat down and waited for everyone to board and the plane to take off.

eventually, after what felt like forever, the plane took off. i held toms hand as i get a little nervous when they take off, but i love seeing it when its up in the air.

--

we walked through the busy building filled with people, suitcases dragging behind us.

the weather was sunny and warm, a lot warmer than the uk.

"youe the ONLY person that could actually come to america." tom said, as we were walking.

"well, ive seemed to have completed that one." i said, as i stopped and pointed at the usa flag in the airport.

"alright, once we go down these stairs mum and ami should be there!" i explained, double checking the message ami had sent.

"sounds good!" tom said, giving me a thumbs up.

as we stepped onto the escelator, i saw ami and mum straight away.

"TOM LOOK THEY ARE THERE!" i shouted, tapping him agressively on the shoulder.

he just laughed a little before grabbing the handle to his suitcase, getting ready to walk off.

we met the bottom and walked off, and i ran straight into the two girls arms.

"i missed you guys so much!" i said, embracing the hug.

"we missed you too honey!" my mum said.

"yeah, like really missed you." ami joined in.

we pulled away and i turned to tom, "this is tommy, as ami already knows!" i explained.

"hello! its very nice to meet you" he said, giving my mum a small hug. "as for you, nice to see you in real life!" he said, giving ami a hug.

i smiled, knowing that he treated everyone i loved with such respect.

we walked out the airport and got into mums car, me sitting with tommy in the back.

"so what have you guys been up to?" my mum asked, focusing on driving.

"well.. we went on a mini holiday, i had my first drink, we went shopping and im slowly learning to cook!"

"lily learning to cook? theres no way." ami laughed.

"tom are you any good at cooking?"  my mum asked, looking at him in the mirror.

"uhm, no, but im learning with lily!" he said, laughing.

"god yous really are perfect for eachother." ami said, smiling.

we arrived back the house, and walked in. i was met with my little dog molly jumping up at my legs, just like how she always used to do.

"hello molly!" i said, giving her a pat on the head. "tom this is my dog molly."

he walked over and gave her a good pet, before getting up to face me.

"would you like to come to my, probably very empty, childhood room?" i laughed, heading up the stairs.

"i would love to." he said, going along with it.

we walked up the stairs and along the hall, before i was met with a closed door, and so i started to twist the handle, opening the door.

i walked in and it actually didnt seem TOO different, it just looked a lot more plain.

"it doesnt look too different" i said, looking around.

"its nice!" tom said, as he pushed the handles down on his suitcase.

we got unpacked, as we were staying for a couple days, and headed downstairs to speak with my mum and ami.

--

over the days we spent in america, i realised how important family is, no matter if they are blood or not.

ami, my mum, and especially tommy, mean the world to me, and i dont know what i would do without them.

life has been going my way and im super happy. my streaming has become more and more of a priority, and me and toms relationship has became so much stronger.

ive also made some new friends, which were mostly toms friends. like max, aimsey, charlie, phil, and some others too!

and the best thing is, i've learnt to cook! my mum helped me make a mac and cheese, and showed me simple things which i didnt realise would be so handy (like making sure your chicken is cooked, because if mum hadnt have showed me that, i would probably be dead.)

me and tom headed back to the uk, but me, my mum and ami made an agreement that i would visit every four to six months.

life was going my way, and i couldnt have done it without that damn british boy.