Chapter One

Myself and my sister have combined our meager writing skills and this has come up. *yay* Rewrote this chapter slightly, hope I took out most of the problems and spelling errors. Thanks for reading!

                                              *************************************************

Chapter One

"Hello? Keturha? " A softly feminine voice calls out.

"Don't call me that."

"What?", says the voice still unattached to a body.

 "Keturha, I hate it. Call me Ket."

"Um OK?" The voice now sounds quite confused.

I peel my eyes open. My metaphorical stomach wound has faded into a dull throb and my vision is blurry, but other than that I felt okay. Standing in front of me is a girl. She can't be older than 17, sporting long, curly, flaming hair pulled back in a rough ponytail and shocking blue eyes, the colour of the Brazilian sky*. Although slightly confused by my response the most beautiful smile I've ever seen is plastered across her face, revealing two rows of pearly whites.
"Anyway! Welcome to eternal happiness, I'm sure you'll love it here".

 "Eternal happiness?" I ask doubtfully, this just sounds like a big joke now. "Don't you mean heaven? And anyway, I can't be in heaven! It doesn't exist? I'm just dreaming I was in a car crash", I shudder at the memory of the helplessness I had felt.  "I'm just having a stupid dream; it's just my head making up nonsense."

I shut my eyes convincing myself that this is just an idiotic dream, but deep down I know.

I was wrong.

"Well, I guess you could call it heaven," The girl rants on, completely ignoring my internal conflict. "But we angels prefer the term eternal happiness-"

"Angels!" I exclaim."You don't mean to say that... I-I'm a-actually dead?!"

"As dead as can be." she replies cheerfully, as though it didn't matter that I was in shock, that I just lost my life and that I would never return to the human world. Yeah, great.

"I repaired you; you're as good as new! I did quite a good job of it too ya'know, you're lucky you didn't get Sharron. She's completely incompetent with nursing, it's a miracle she actually passed the test! But then again-", she keeps jabbering on about this 'Sharron' while I am still trying to process the information that I. AM. DEAD.

"Oh, sorry." She says when she notices the dazed expression on my face. "I swear, I am such a ditz! Sorry, my name is Alice. Alice Birney." I glare at her with exasperation painted on my face. Well, at least I hope it looked like exasperation, not like I was going to sneeze.

"I'm your Angel coach; I'm going to be with you all the way, to make you the best demon hunter slash angel there is!" She grins at me reassuringly, as if this was cooooooompletely normal, but I guess; for her, this might be normal.

After I don't say anything again, we'd been sitting there in confused silence for about a minute when she blurts out, "Am I going alright? I don't know, am I okay? Too full on? Unclear? Or am I too frien-", her small face suddenly pinched and worried.

"Alright at what!?" I interrupt her, still confused.

"Well... you are my first real student. The others were just angels in disguise. Practice." She says in surprise, she wasn't expecting me to interrupt her in such an abrupt fashion. She opens her mouth to carry on talking to me, "Oh right, anyways you're a part-". I zone out when I hear a strange sound coming from nearby. I look sideways and see that there were two strange birds perched on pure white marble trees. I look around some more; I didn't have time earlier to actually survey my surroundings. We were on a small cliff overlooking a very strange, pure-looking white village. In the distance, I can see rolling hills of emerald dotted with abnormally clean looking sheep. Peaceful.