『63』

"Feels nice," I comment, resting my head by the open window. "The breeze."

"I'm just happy to be in a vehicle that's not Daryl's bike," Maggie jokes.

"Daryl is both the biggest virgin in the group while still being between more legs than anyone."

Maggie giggles and agrees. "Being a virgin is overrated."

"You just say that because Glenn is around. Some of us can't get laid, you know?"

"I wasn't a virgin before Glenn. Lost that cherry a long, long time ago. Earlier than I'm proud of."

"How do the women in the group get around more than the men?" I wonder.

"We're hotter."

I point at her. "You say that because you're the hottest one."

"Oh, please," she scoffs.

"It's true," I defend. "I've said that since day one."

Maggie laughs and shakes her head.

We continue the trip bantering. It felt nice compared to the usual dread that lingered so tightly in the air.

If I was honest, I was surprised the others let me go on the run to begin with.

It wasn't far from the prison and the main reason we were going was to look for women's health products that the guys didn't know a thing about. We left on the promise of four hours or else a team would come looking for us.

"What are you hoping to find the most?" Maggie wonders as we climb out of the car.

"Breast pump," I answer with ease. "That shit would change my life."

Maggie points with a smile. "Nice one. I was thinking you'd want a carrier."

"Like the car seat?"

"No, like a wrap," Maggie clarifies. "Where you can carry Woojin and use both hands."

I pause, my hand on my gun. "What kind of magical contraption is that and how am I just now finding out about it?"

Maggie giggles. "You can strap the baby to your chest or back."

My jaw drops. "You're joking."

"Dead serious."

Maggie knocks on the door to alert any walkers inside the store and we wait.

"Why has no one mentioned this?"

"I guess because we had the carrier and never looked for one."

"I keep telling Woojin that he's gonna have intentions on his butt from that seat and there's a wrap that I could've been using this whole time?"

Maggie shrugs.

"No one tells me anything," I complain.

"You're a young mom who didn't know you were pregnant until you were close to giving birth. Don't sell yourself short, you're doing great."

The compliment makes my chest feel heavy and I smile at her with gratitude. "I never thought I'd be a mom. I kinda thought Carl was my only responsibility. Woojin was a surprise in every way possible."

"Would you change it?" she wonders.

I hesitate. "I don't know."

"How so?"

"I love him. Now that I have him, I can't imagine ever not having him there. But.. I just wish I was raising him in better circumstances." I lean against the brick wall. "What about you? Do you want to be a mom?"

"I do," she decides. "I think having a kid is.. the point."

"Like a housewife? A breeder?" I joke.

"No," she scoffs. "Like.. the world is dying. So, giving it new life would make it keep going. Grow things into a better future."

I nod slowly and digest the thought.

I could barely see Woojin as being able to hold his head up. Now, we were going through it again with the new baby. And yet.. they could change the world. If we raise them right and keep them safe.. they could help bring peace to this world. New world leaders. Carl, too. Any other baby that may come in the future- Glenn and Maggie's future children.

A single walker bangs its hands on the glass door and I kick myself off the wall and take my knife out.

"I think you just like having Glenn's dick in you," I decide.

Maggie rolls her eyes and a faint blush runs up her neck. With easy teamwork, we open the door and take out the walker.

"Titty drainer and a magic strap-on," I list off.

"It's a wrap, not a strap-on," Maggie cries.

"The thing I need to carry the thing from not using a strap-on," I rephrase.

"Did you just call Woojin 'the thing'?"

I shrug and we trade another laugh.

"I think we'll make it back home within the hour. I doubt the group will have to come after us," Maggie notes.

"And where is it you good people call 'home'?"

Maggie and I startle at the sound of a new voice. Our guns all but fly out of our holsters and we aim at the person intruding in on us.

"Oh, holy shit!" the man laughs, lowering his gun. "If it ain't my dealer."

My finger hesitates on the trigger as I take in the man I am looking at.

"Merle?"

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

IM ALIVE

i had such writers block i didn't know what to do with myself I've been staring at a blank screen for like three hours a day just Trying to come up with something and now its here and i did a thing and OAGNDLKV