Chapter Nine

"Hmm?"

"We can't, the whole point of this is for us to let this go and just behave normally, like we did before everything I guess." I said putting my own hands onto hers as to stop her from proceeding any further.

"Yeah..." She said turning around perhaps embarrassed due to me rejecting her.

"Can I borrow some clothes to sleep in from you?"

"In the wardrobe, first drawer." She bluntly replied moving towards the bed, letting herself fall onto it, proceeding to stare at the ceiling, not saying anything else, just sighing heavily. I understood that this was awkward, but we were still each other's best friend – we had to make this work, we had no other choice other than playing it cool.

I exited the room and went in the bathroom again to change in my bed clothes that she let me borrow. I sat on the toilet and let my head fall onto my hands. Knowing that we were in this situation was uncomfortable. And I still couldn't believe that Cassie was actually feeling any of this – deep down I felt like this again was a ploy of hers.

I didn't want to think about any of this anymore, perhaps it would have been better if she just lied to me but again, I threatened her that I would break off any contact with her if she did so. It was simply more complicated now, way more complicated than me just having those feelings for her alone.

I went back to the room to find it illuminated in blue by some LED lights and nothing else with Cassie under the bed covers. "Feeling blue?" I asked amused. She just gave me a shy smile and nothing else.

"Hope you don't mind sleeping on the left side." 'Shit I totally forgot that we had to share the same bed – fuck'

"It's fine." I exhaled, scratching the back of my head while advancing towards the side of the bed I was about to sleep in ... with her. I got in silently, tucking myself in up to my chin.

Silence.

"I'm sorry." she whispered, looking up at the ceiling.

I didn't know what exactly she was sorry about, but I didn't want to question it. "I'm sorry too."

She just nodded.

"Sleep well." I spoke out.

"Yeah, you too."

Turning around, I left the forced conversation at that and so did she for like another five minutes.

"We don't have to make this awkward Syd." she spoke out softly, letting me know that there wasn't any animosity towards me or the situation which we found ourselves in.

"Cas, why are we still talking about this... This needs to be forgotten, no need to linger upon this. Look the only reason this got out of proportion was because you made it your goal to taunt me, have you not done so, I wouldn't have been in this and so wouldn't you."

"So, you're saying it's all my fault huh?" She raised her tone furiously turning around.

"Yes, that what I'm saying. I told you; I have gotten over it until you decided to fool around and draw me back in."

"You are a cunt Sydney you know that. Don't you tell me that your righteous ass has gotten over it, because I know for a fact you've just been masking whatever you've been bottling up inside you. I'm not saying I'm not at fault, I'm saying that you're partially at fault for this too."

She was playing with fire now, so I turned around and faced her. "I have given you a chance for you to explain your behaviour a few days ago, you know when I tried teaching you how to ride... yet you chose to say that it's what friends do." I angrily remarked. "I'm done talking now."

Before I could turn around, she grabbed me by the back of neck slamming her lips onto mine. At the feeling of her hot mouth against mine, I instantly closed my eyes letting myself give into her hungry kiss this time. Before I knew Cassie's soft and wet tongue was licking over my bottom lip, begging for entrance. Getting completely overwhelmed by her addictive taste I let her in, causing her to softly moan. By now were just two hot messes, our tongues battling for dominance.

She was intoxicating.

I wrapped my hands in her hair bringing her closer to me, eliciting another moan to escape her mouth. As we sat there passionately kissing each other like this was our first and last time doing it she climbed on top of me straddling my hips. I count help but lower my hands to her waist to push her even closer to me to the point that our chests were now touching each other's. "Mh, fuck." She moaned as her clothed core must have rubbed against the shorts I was wearing, the friction causing her to feel pleasure. I grabbed her harder by the waist and pushed her against me again, trying to evoke it once more. "Syd..." She softly let out a moan.

I wanted her so badly... But we needed to stop so I broke off the kiss. With my hands on her waist still I pushed her back a bit so I can look at her in the eyes. "We've got to stop Cassie." I whispered while looking at her admiring how attractive she looked on top of me in the dimmed blue light, trying to sound as convincing as possible for the both of us.

"I know." She said letting her forehead rest against mine. "Fuck..."

I inched closer to her giving her a kiss on the cheek not saying anything. Not saying that this was the best kiss I have ever had in my life, not saying that I have never felt anything so powerful in my life. I couldn't say anything because it was all wrong. We both knew it, this had to be the first and the last time we did this.

She climbed off me and got off the bed to go the bathroom. I just stayed in the room still processing if what just happened was real or not. I knew it was this time, but I wished it wasn't because now I knew how much harder it will be to act normal again.

I was still with my head high up in the sounds when she entered back in the room.
"Do you think we may need to distance ourselves from each other for a while moving forward?" I asked making eye contact with her.

"I don't think so."

"Why?"

"Because... Nothing happened between us." She softly whispered maintaining our eye contact.

"Okay..." I muttered back.