Chapter two

Cassie was right, she was waiting on the other line for me when I got home.

"You picked up quite fast, were you maybe... expecting someone?" I asked her in a funny seductive way.
"Hmm, quite the opposite, you interrupted my call with someone I was already talking to and let me tell you I was quite interested in him." she replied matching my seductive tone.
"I am so sorry then, do not let me keep you any longer on this line. I wouldn't wish you to not be talking to your anonymous interest" I teased.

There was a pause on the other line.
"Or maybe he already hung up so you might as well stay and keep me company, after all I'm sooo bored you see."
'Okay, this was getting interesting' I thought. I couldn't help but close my eyes to the sound of her voice.

"Alright then, we can pick up the conversation where you left off with your mysterious guy, what were you talking about?" I asked, curious about what ridiculous answer she would manage to come up with.
"Well, he was asking me what I was wearing." She replied nonchalantly and I almost choked on my spit.
"Alright Cas, you're funny, but are we actually gonna get to the talking for real."

"We are talking for real, aren't we? Wouldn't you like to know what I'm wearing?" She was clearly too engrossed in this silly act of hers, of course not knowing how, perhaps inappropriate, weird, hot it was.
"Alright then, what are you wearing right now?" I asked trying my best to genuinely sound uninterested, not really knowing why the hell did I comply to participate in this clearly theatrical play.

"Mmm, I'm naked from the waist down, but on top I'm in just a shirt." She replied, audibly not breaking character.
"Okay, bye Cassieee, I am genuinely too tired for this." I spat, as I was getting seriously frustrated with her and her nitty acts. "Goodness don't get your knickers in a twist." She responded with a hint of anger in her voice maybe.

"See, and you're the one calling me a prude?" She followed up.
"That is different, context matters girl." 'Fuck I'm just trying to weasel my way out of this conversation woman, leave me be, you already have me frustrated.' I though.
"By the way, of course I wasn't naked duh, I'm wearing this hello kitty old ass t-shirt and..."

I interrupted before she could go on a rant that would last us the whole summer or maybe because I really wanted to stop imagining her wearing whatever she was wearing even if it was an old hello kitty t-shirt.
"Yeah okay, what are we doing tomorrow? Mother said it will be a sunny and hot day, wanna go to lake Dakota?"
"I don't see why the hell not, I'm due to get a tan anyway" she responded with no hesitation.

"It's settled then, I'll meet you tomorrow in the park by the big oak tree by 12, and please don't forget sun block, last summer you burned to a crisp" I said laughing even tho it was really not laughable she got some serious sunburns that summer.
"Don't laugh you cow, I'll see you there, better not cancel on me like you did last time when you ran off with that Jake O'Driscoll guy" she said concerningly.
'I did run off with him that is true, but not for the reasons you might be having in mind.He had a weed stash house nearby and I went there to give him my expert opinion on his product. Great weed by the way"
"Okay if you do say so. Anyways junkie you have yourself a very good night, bye now, mum is patrolling the house she knows I'm awake and on the phone"