09

9- Freedom?

~~~

Violet

~~~

It felt as if years had passed, but really it was only a couple hours at most. My body laid limp on the floor, defeat welling in my gut as the realities of the situation I had been caught in truly sunk in.

I was not escaping.

Maybe my friends were still coming. Maybe they still cared...

What friends? Ben... but that's it, I doubt I could call Jay, Evie or Carlos my friends. Maybe Mal...

But all I really had now was Ben. And his survival instincts are shit.

I was ripped from my thoughts as the click of a door announced itself, letting me know it was unlocked. I watched weakly from my curled up spot in the middle of the floor as the door opened, unable to so much as lift my head.

The familiar ragged clothing of Hook presented itself, his cocky smirk presenting itself, before quickly diminishing as his gaze was caught on my form on the floor.

"Oh my little duckling," he began, leaning down to my form, stroking my hair, "they left you. They left you all for me," he announced, murmuring the last part slightly. He gently pulled my limp body upwards into his embrace, enjoying how I snuggled into him slightly.

He continued murmuring incessant comforting words into my ear, leaving small kisses every now and then.

Eventually he transported me to the bed, placing me on his lap as we just sat and laid there for what really could have been hours.

"What were you guys going to do after the barrier was taken down?"

~~~

Hook

~~~

I swiftly pursued Jay, following behind him, hiding behind a corner as I let him regroup with Evie and Carlos.

"What about Violet?" Carlos asked quickly, still trying to catch his breath.

"Yeah, we can't just leave her," Evie exclaimed

"We will come back for her when we regroup properly, and get better resources. It's fine, they don't know she can take down the barrier yet! Don't worry. Let's go find Mal" Jay replied quickly.

Violet can take down the barrier...

Immediately I pushed off the wall, scouring the area until I laid eyes on Uma pursuing Mal. Hastily I pushed myself forth trying to reach Uma before she caught Mal. Thankfully Mal got away, leaving me with a very frustrated Uma.

"Uma! Uma, don't worry. I know how we can take down the barrier," I quickly exclaimed, almost rushed.

Her interest peaked as she averted her eye line to me, giving me her undivided attention.

"I overheard Jay saying Violet can take down the barrier. I will try coaxing her to do it, if that doesn't work we can resort to some methods of force," I quickly exclaimed.

Uma seemed overjoyed at the news, I could sense the slight annoyance at my plan, as she wanted to lead with force, however, she let it be as she understood I had grown quite attached to my little duckling.

~~~

"What were you guys going to do once the barrier was taken down?"

"Oh my little duckling," I cooed, pulling her tighter into my form, "we weren't going to harm Auradon. We just want to free all the kids that don't deserve to be here. They're just kids. They don't deserve to be here, do they Angel?"

She looked almost thoughtful as she answered, "no. I supposed they don't," she responded before pausing for a moment, "and no harm would come to Auradon?"

It's working.

"Of course not my little duckling, we have no reason to harm them," I whispered, pecking her cheek. Surprisingly enough she hadn't even realised my affection as she was too entranced in her thoughts.

"I can take down the barrier," she murmured, almost ashamed as she announced this so blatantly.

Oh I know my little duckling. I already know.

"Really?" I asked, feigning shock.

"Yes, I can do it. I can free all those kids. I can free everyone!" She exclaimed, seemingly excited now.

Oh if only she knew the chaos she was about to unleash.

"Let's go tell Uma! She will be ecstatic! I cant believe you would help all these innocent kids." I coaxed, slowly moving her into a post Orion to where we can go tell Uma and then take down the barrier.

"Off we go my little duckling!"

~~~

~~~