Chapter Fourteen: Dreamer

Hey Guys!

Sorry for the delay!

Without further ado, here is your newest chapter!

Enjoy!!!

VOTE AND COMMENT please! :))

Chapter Fourteen: Dreamer

He chuckled.

“You look stunning in green.” He complimented.

He sure knew how to distract me. 

I observed him. His beard was growing in messy stubble, giving his young face a shade of age. His eyes were sad, yet full of life and experience.

“We have no time to waste Thekla.” He said my name urgently, and I treasured every sound of it. I liked the way he pronounced it, clearly and definitely.

“Let me steal the horses.” I offered.

“In that?” He pointed at the dress. It was still flawless, but still the same eye-catching green. It demanded attention, and on me, more that just attention.

So I kept my mouth shut and let him do all the planning. I was going to wait for him here, in the woods. How safe.

Nathaniel left shortly, leaving me in the pitch darkness alone. It was cold, and I had no cloak, or a mantel. It was still February and the coldness of the air drew shapes of mist from my breath.

I could hear nothing, except the occasional wind whistling through the lonely branches. I sat down at the base of an oak tree, relaxing. I let my senses go numb and drifted to sleep without any notice.

As I slept, I dreamed.

I was walking in a garden. It was spring. The soft breeze caressed the fresh leaves, teasing them. I kept walking inwards, deeper and deeper in the garden. I looked down at my apparel. I was wearing a long, floral chiffon dress, with small, barely visible baby pink flowers. It swayed around my legs, the hem of it trailing on the grass. I was barefoot.

The image ahead of me cleared and I saw Nathaniel running around the garden with a little child. He was smiling, his eyes no longer sad, but with joy and life. They were mesmerising, now even more. An involuntary smile spread across my face and I ran towards the two.

I picked up the toddler in my arms caressing her little nose with mine. She giggled, her small teeth showing and buried her curly head in my shoulder. Nathaniel was now standing beside me, looking down at us lovingly, his gaze tender and full of care. I looked at him, meeting his eyes and drawing towards his embrace. His lips caressed my forehead and then he placed a very gentle kiss on my lips. The toddler giggled again, this time throwing her head back from my hold. Her onyx curls dangled wildly from her head, her wide green eyes full of energy. They were the exact same shade as Nathaniel’s.

“Thekla!” Nathaniel bellowed suddenly, “Thekla!”

The scene began to dissolve into the darkness.

“Thekla!” came yet another shout. 

I snapped and jumped from my place. Nathaniel stood two feet away from me, staring at me.

When he saw me awake, he exhaled.

“You’re back.” I whispered, straightening up and adjusting my dress.