Chapter Nineteen: Romance

I typed and typed yesterday and today, so here it is!

Enjoy!

Comment/Vote please!!!!!! :))

Chapter Nineteen: Romance

He was awake, sitting on the bed, staring at the floor.

“I’m sorry Miss Moore I must’ve fallen asleep last night.” he said, his voice gruff.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind.” I smiled. Not minding at all.

He sat on the bed, now rubbing at his neck and I heard an occasional crack of bones.

“Did you get any rest at all? I am a bad sleeper…” I said.

He chuckled and got up, stretching. His muscles fluidly moved under his transparent shirt and I looked away, aware of my blush.  He walked to the window looking out.

“My parents are up. They must be wondering where I am.” He said.

“We don’t… Have to say anything do we?” I asked, I didn’t want them to know that he spent his night in my room. They would assume things…

“Don’t worry Miss Moore. I won’t tell. I’ll just leave earlier than you. But you must stay here until later.” He said.

“Yes, alright.”

He left. And I once again felt lonely. How was it that each time he was with me I felt alive and whole? I felt invulnerable and strong, invincible almost. And then when he was gone I fell apart again.

I pushed the thought away, I couldn’t think about him now. But I couldn’t seem to get my mind under control. He seemed to be controlling it…

I watched out the window how the three of the Greene family busied themselves with morning work. Mr. Greene took the cows to the fields with his hat and told his wife to bring lunch for him at noon. Mrs. Greene just waved goodbye. Well, the man was gone.

Then I saw Mrs. Greene and Nathaniel talking after which his mother came inside. Once she came out again, she was wearing her cloak and held a basket in her hand. She started towards the gate and left. Nathaniel was nowhere in sight.

“You can come down now.” A voice said behind me. I jumped.

“Must you scare me like that?” I frowned.

“They’re gone.” He said and chuckled.

“Can we talk?” He sat down and listened, “Okay. Since I had decent rest and a chance to clear my mind, I thought some things through and I wanted to ask you couple of questions.”

“Okay, then.” He said.

“Right, so, here goes. Why am I the one next in the throne and why isn’t it my brother?”

“I figured you’d ask me sooner or later. Matthew was adopted. In the beginning your parents couldn’t have children, so they adopted your brother. Then after five years, you came out of nowhere. Your parents were over the moon. However, they never left out your brother. They loved him just as much as you, so to them you were the same.” He said.

Right.

“So, you are telling me everything I knew about my life is a lie? But he looks so much like me!” I exclaimed.

“Yes, I agree, the resemblance is uncanny. Even I am interested about that.” He said.

“So he can go and be a king. No one will know. No one knows.” I said.