Daylight

Today was the night of the Ballon D'or awards. Alexia and I had flown there with Aitana, as they were both up for the award. The entire Spanish national team was doing a boycott against the team and the management, which meant that Aitana was not taking part of the international break.

It was late morning, when we landed, we all would be having lunch together before getting ready for the awards. I had a lovely dress picked out, a light blue one. It was nothing special, I didn't want to outshine my girlfriend. Not that I thought I would, but Alicia insisted that I was to wear something less extravagant. Alexia would love it. That was something I was sure about. It was not that modest, with a high slit and nothing covering my shoulders. Everything that needed to be covered was, and that was important.

"What are we doing today?" Aitana asked as we were walking through the airport. This led to one of the men who was with us, an event coordinator or something like that, explaining the itinerary for today.

Markus was walking behind us, along with another guard. I had no idea what his name was, but Markus seemed comfortable with him there, so I was too.

"You are more famous than Alexia. Needing security everywhere you go must be exhausting" Aitana said. I couldn't make out if she was joking or if she was serious. "It is, but I love being able to live of my music, so the pros outweigh the cons" I answered, focusing on my hand in Alexia's. The world suspected we were dating, even though nothing was publicly announced yet. I didn't care. I was here with Alexia, and if people knew we were a couple, that was not a big deal.

"The two of you makes me feel annoyingly single" Aitana complained. Alexia laughed loudly, pulling me closer to her to prove a point. "You'll find love too. Otherwise, Alexia probably knows some great girls she can set you up with" I offered. Alexia just nodded. I wasn't sure she had heard what I just said. Her thumb was moving softly against the back of my hand, making small circles that made my entire body tingle. I think she didn't hear what I said.

Alexia was always incredibly focused. This was a big night for her. She had a chance to win a second Ballon D'or and becoming the first woman who won them back-to-back. I had full faith in her, but she was not so sure herself. How could someone like her doubt that the award would end up in her hands? In no world could I see anyone but her winning it. I was biased, yeah, but she was incredibly good at football, and that was a fact the entire world knew.

Our walk wasn't long. The bags were to be delivered to the hotel, and I wasn't carrying anything. Well, except from my little purse, containing everything a girl could need. It was a light blue shoulder bag, from Prada, with crystals covering it. I loved it. Especially now when I had matched it to my shoes and used it as contrast to the rest of my clothes.

I looked good. I knew I looked good. There were few times when I didn't look good. With an absurd number of facials, makeup consultations, and a wardrobe bigger than I should have, it was impossible to look bad.

My closet had grown bigger as I started dating Alexia. Most of the time, especially at home, I wore Alexia's clothes. They were comfier than mine, but most of all, they smelled like her. The familiar scent that I had grown to love because it was the smell of the person I loved. It meant home, familiarity, and love.

We all indulged in a quick lunch. I settled for a salad with chickpeas and vegetables while the other two ate something else. A salad was what I wanted, and not a strange pasta dish. Alexia wanted me to taste it, saying something about how delicious it was. All I could see was that it had anchovies in it, and they made everything taste awful. I don't understand how those two could eat something like that.

After lunch, we arrived at the hotel. It was quite fancy. Alexia and I would be sharing a room, something she had insisted on. "I sleep better with you next to me" she said. It was her excuse, not that I minded one single bit. I loved sharing a bed with her. Who wouldn't though?