the lakes

Alexia was doing amazing in her recovery. She was back to running and I couldn't be prouder of her. It was early January. Seven months since she had torn her ACL, and she was running. I was running next to her, laughing loudly. It was freeing to be here with her. Not that I had the endurance to do it.

My breathing was irregular, but that didn't matter because I had Alexia next to me.

We were on vacation, in Arjeplog. My house was big enough for the two of us, that didn't mean Alexia liked the cold. However, we were inside right now, running on my treadmills. I had bought a second one when it was decided that we would be going here.

She had a week off from recovery, after she insisted that she would be doing her exercises. I was happy for her, and it didn't help that we had a week to ourselves outside of Arjeplog. No one was here to hear us, or to see us.

"I love you" I smiled. Alexia grabbed my hand, holding it tight as we both ran. "I love you too" Alexia laughed back. Our voices were filled with happiness, because that was exactly what we were, happy and in love.

"I can't believe you're running" I said while laughing. "And I can't believe your stamina is better than mine" I continued. "It is not" Alexia said, her voice strained. Maybe my stamina was better than hers, but that was certainly not something I noticed in bed.

We ran for a while until Alexia needed to do her rehab exercises. She was only wearing a sports bra, her abs were visible, and the sweat highlighted that. I could almost feel myself drooling, she was insanely hot, and she knew it.

I returned the favour, taking off my t-shirt. I could see Alexia's eyes shift towards my stomach. Her hand reached out to touch me, but I jumped back.

"You have to wait with that until we shower" I said and sat down to do some strength exercises. "And you have to take it carefully with your knee. I also have some exercises left" I continued innocently. A small smile covered my face as I did push-ups.

A second later I felt Alexia's hands roam over my stomach. I pushed them away as I finished my last push-up. "You have to wait, or I won't shower with you" I threatened. "I know that is a lie" Alexia answered. "It is, but it will take longer if you distract me" I retorted and kissed her. She melted into my kiss but pulled away soon enough. I complained when she did that. "You were the one who said not to do anything" Alexia said. That was a good point, but all I didn't want to finish my workout now. I had other things on my mind.

I managed to hurry up and after fifteen minutes, I finished. Alexia was already done, and seconds later, her lips were on mine. Her hands roamed over my body, pushing my shorts down to reveal the bright red underwear I was wearing.

We didn't do much that day. It was spent in bed, and on the other surfaces in the house. I took a shower while Alexia was asleep and then she showered after me.

There was food in the fridge, some salad from the closest grocery store and that was what we ate for dinner.

I fell asleep in Alexia's arms, but she was gone when I woke up. We had planned an excursion for today. A long walk in the forest and then I would cook us dinner.

Both Nala and Alexia were against it. They were both used to the heat of Barcelona and negative twenty degrees was far away from that. I loved it! The cold made me feel alive and it helped me think.

"Do we really have to?" Alexia complained as we were getting dressed. "Yes, I love the forest and you need to get acclimated" I answered and pecked her lips. I was dressed for the cold, but I knew Alexia would be freezing no matter what she wore.

I handed her the warmer jacket because she truly needed that. "You need it, I'll manage if I add another layer" I said and skipped towards the bedroom and my closet. I could hear Alexia complain behind me. She hated seeing me cold, and I was most of the time, but when it was really cold outside, I wasn't cold.