Chapter 6 Option 1

Dunno what happened, but the last two parts seem to be gone.... Idk what happened *shrug* Oh well. re-post 'em! Got a new laptop so I'll be able to upload.

Ben sat awkwardly at the table while his dad and his best friend emitted a strong feeling. He could cut through the tension with a butter knife if the opportunity presented itself. It had been a week since Ben had given Cas the advice to go speak with his father after coming out, and Cas had been acting very different, come to think of it so had Bens dad. A nudging curiosity had been attacking Ben’s mind and it become harder to brush off when his friend got a slight blush every time Dean was around. Was there a thing between them???

Castiel woke with a gasp, his body covered in a layer of sweat, his mouth open slightly and his boxers covered with the sticky evidence of his late night fantasy. Cas quickly looked over to the other side of the room where his friend was sleeping. Cas’s heart pounded against his chest and his breathing was ragged. He looked over at Bens alarm clock and pressed the heel of his palm against his eyes. 2:17 AM. Dean would be getting home from the night shift in less than 20 minutes. OK, game plan;

Option 1: Be stupid.

Option 2: Never know.

... Option 1 sounds pretty damn good right now.

When Dean got home he quietly closed the front door and set his empty lunch(more like dinner) pail on the floor by the shoe rack and took his jacket off. All he wanted at that point was to take a shower and go to bed. But something caught his eye. Castiel was sitting on the couch, his hands in his lap, his head down and eyes focused on the floor.

“Cas? What the hell are you doing up at this hour?” Dean asked. His eyes were beginning to get heavy, it had been a long day.

“I... I needed to talk to you... well, more like ask you something. But... I don’t know how,” Cas looked up at Dean. “Oh.. Um... I-If you’re tired, I’ll go and talk to you tomorrow.” Dean closed his eyes and took in a breath.

“If it’s so important it’s got you up now, might as well hear you out,” Dean said, walking over to sit next to Cas. “What’s up?”

Cas wiggled around nervously and avoided eye contact with Dean, “I... I don’t fully understand. I hate this. I mean, I was never depressed before, living with mom and dad. I always made sure that I had everything under control. I knew everything I had to. but now... now I’m not too sure... I... I know I’m rambling and that I make no sense. I’m trying to. Really I am, it’s just... I don’t know how...”

“What’s got you up kid?”

Cas looked over at Dean with a look that could only be defined at utter defeat, “you,” he whispered. His breathing increased and his fidgeting become more defined. “I... I’m crazy, I don’t know why but, I... Damnit I’m an intelligent person, this shouldn’t be hard. There’s no logical reason for this to be hard.” Cas took in a breath and then looked into Dean's eyes. “I’ll... I’ll do this once, and... and if there is nothing, there is nothing,” he whispered more to himself than to Dean.

“What are you sayin’ kid-” Deans words were cut off by Castiel. More exact, Castiel's lips.