Chapter 4 You Should Talk to My Dad

ALERT! THERE MAY BE SPELLING MISTAKES. I WROTE THIS ON MY PHONE BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! ENJOY LOVERS!!!!!!

Castiel woke with a startle. His body ached, his head pounded and he didn't know where he was. There was an annoying beeping sound and the feeling of metal shoved into is arm. Cas slowly opened his eyes looked around. He was in a hospital room. A place where he should feel safe, knowing that he could get help, but instead felt terrified. The smell death hanging heavily in the air. Cas had never liked hospitals. Something about them had always scared him. He couldn't quite remember what it happened, honestly the last week was a blur. He could remember being kicked out though. A strange sadness filled his chest. He knew his parents never particularly loved him, but he never thought they would downright hate him. Knowing now that he had no one, Cas let himself cry.

Dean couldn't get the images that bloodied boy out of his mind. To think that anyone could do that to him. Insanity! Dean had dropped Ben off at school, and proceeded to the hospital to pay a visit to Castiel if it was allowed. Dean didn't know much about legalities involving minors. When Dean arrived he noticed that there was a woman inside of Castiel's room. Not wanting to disturb them, Dean got back in his car and went home. There's no use in trying to get close to the boy. He's been through enough, an older man liking him was the last thing the boy needed.

"But dad, why not?"

"Because things don't just work that way. his dad is in jail now, his mom is it fit to take care of him, he's being put in foster care. I don't have any kind of qualification to be a foster parent. You have the rest of the school year and then summer and he'll be 18. He wouldn't even need us for that long. He will still go to your school, so just calm down," Dean said running his fingers through his hair. Ben had been asking is Castiel could live with them for a few days now.

"I don't get it! If they kicked him out then why can't you live wherever he wants?"

"Because he's still a minor, so he's in foster care now. It's just the way things work."

The rest of the school year passed by quickly. Cas spent as much time as he could with Ben and Dean. His foster home was in the same town so he wasn't that far away at any given time. Castiel was beginning to notice things. Things about Dean and how he treated him. Cas was thankful that Ben never called him out about lying about his family. He didn't want to be seen as trailer trash. He was judged by how his parents lived for so long, it was nice for someone to see him for him. Now though, it seemed like Dean was just.... around more. Like he wanted to watch over them. Over Castiel.

The date was June 17th, last day of school and Junior year. Castiel was staying at Ben and Deans for a week while Lilly and Jack, his foster parents, were on a little mini-vacation.

"So Cas, you ready to be 18?" Cas shrugged and set his, over filled, over night bag against the wall adjacent to Bens bed.

"I guess. I've never really thought about it all that much," Cas had never really expected to make it to 18. After he came out wasn't the only times his dad had hit him. If anything was amiss Cas payed for it. He expected his dad to kill him.

"Well you and me are going to party that night," Ben said with a mischievous smile. Cas was thankful to have him as a friend. It struck him that he hadn't come out at school. His dad found out because he was caught staring at their neighbor changing after a shower. Their male neighbor. Cas was easily stimulated and after he was caught, the only thing he could seem to say was that he was gay.

"H-hey, Ben... I know you've been really good about asking me what happened with my parents," Cas said. Ben stiffened and shrugged. "Ummm.... I, they... my dad was really angry with me."

"That's what I don't get. My dad can get really pissed with me, but he's never hit me. What could have been that bad?" Ben asked. He had wondered.

Castiel looked down, slightly ashamed, "I'm gay," he whispered. Castiel was expecting Ben to react the same as his father. Bens eyes widened and Cas prepared for the worst.

"Go talk to my dad," Ben said. Cas looked up at Ben.

"What?"

"Go talk to my dad. I think he can help you better than I can."

"what makes you say that?"

"he's gay too."