Chapter 10 - An Enlightening Outing

Throughout the school day, Yugi mostly stared out the window in deep thought. Something had been troubling his spirit friend for a while now, and he didn't know what to do for him. Originally, he had thought about having Tea spend a day with Yami to see if she could help him, seeing as she was really good at just figuring things out. But now he was thinking about asking their new friend (Y/n), because Yami seemed to be the most comfortable around her.

Yugi glanced over at the (h/c) haired girl, tilting his head in thought. He thought about the two times Yami kissed her hand as he stared at the back of her head. He really did seem to be more open with her and Yugi wondered if maybe it had something to do with his lost past?

The bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, breaking Yugi out of thought. He rushed to gather his things and get to his shoe locker quickly, in order to catch up with (Y/n). He hopped on one foot as he tried to get his other sneaker on. "Wait! (Y/n)!" he called out before she could get too far away.

(Y/n) stopped in her tracks as she turned to look at Yugi. "Yes Yugi? Did you want to walk together?" she asked with a sweet smile. Yugi smiled back at her as he nodded his head. "That would be great, but actually, I wanted to talk to you about something." he said as he caught up to her.

The two opened the umbrella's and started walking back home in the rain. "What'd ya want to talk about?" (Y/n) asked as she looked over at her friend. "Well, you see, Yami's been troubled about his lost past, and I was wondering if... well if you'd be able to take him out and try to help him figure it out?" Yugi asked bashfully, scratching the back of his head.

(Y/n) stared at her friend with wide eyes as she paused her steps. "But, why me?" she asked, confused. "Well, to be honest, Yami really seems to be the most comfortable around you. I think he'd be able to open up more to himself about his past if he's with you." Yugi explained as he also stopped. (Y/n) tilted her head as she simply stared at her friend for a moment. "If you think so, I'll gladly help him! He is my friend too after all!" (Y/n) said with a large smile as the two started walking again.

"Great! We can meet up at the park tomorrow then!" Yugi exclaimed, smiling just as brightly back at her. "See you later (Y/n)!" Yugi said with a wave before going into the game shop. (Y/n) kept walking further away, anxiously thinking about the plans she had made with Yugi to try and help Yami.

~The Next Day~
(Y/n) stood next to the park steps as she waited for Yugi to show up. She sighed as she ran her hand through her hair, looking down at her outfit. She didn't know what to wear, since she didn't really know where the day was going to go, so she wore something simply, a pair of light jean shorts, a graphic t-shirt, a (f/c) flannel, and her everyday sneakers.

"I'm not-! You can't-! This isn't a duel!" (Y/n) turned towards the familiar voice, seeing Yami looking flustered after yelling down at the puzzle around his neck. He looked up and noticed she was staring at him, he straightened his posture and held his hand up in a greeting. "Hello there." he said simply.

(Y/n) snorted as she waved back at him. She walked over to him and gave him a small smile. "Yugi told me you were having trouble with your memories." she figured it would be best to just get straight to the point. Yami sighed as he glanced off to the side. "I didn't mean to worry him." he said sorrowfully.

(Y/n) placed her hand on his shoulder as she tilted her head. "I don't think he's worried, he's just concerned that you've gotten so quiet about it recently." (Y/n) shrugged off her bag and pulled out a newspaper. "Look, I think I know where to start! The museum just got in a exhibit directly from Egypt! Maybe we can find out something about you there!" (Y/n) suggested, smiling brightly.