Chapter 71

Warning, some slight Katherine bashing, sorry :)Enjoy,

"Katherine."

"You know my name." Katherine tilts her head a little, eyes narrowed and a slightly arrogant tilt to her voice. She lets her eyes go over the girl, who oddly enough wasn't struggling as much as she ought to do. There was a waft coming from the human, and not something as mundane as bad body odor, but it was certainly heady, and somehow also familiar.

"Yes, big fan. And while I do not mind your hand around my throat, seeing as I have fantasized about this exact position multiple times, I might need air sometime soon, or this will be a short-lived friendship." Luna rambles, hand covering Katherine's. She would totally brag about holding hands with Katherine Pierce to Rebekah if she were to survive the encounter. Luna was suddenly very glad she had Elijah's blood in her system.

Katherine scowls a little, not understanding the waterfall of words that came from the human. She bares her fangs in an attempt to intimidate the girl.

"Are you done?" Luna asks, not impressed. She had seen this on the TV show, and it was a lot less phenomenal the second time around. Katherine had straightened her hair, no doubt trying to impersonate Elena.

Luna shifts her gaze from the doppelgänger to roam the living room. If she wasn't mistaken, she saw a pair of feet sticking out from behind one of the couches. "Quick question, what did you do to Stefan and Damon?"

Katherine blinks, not sure what the girl was playing at and why she didn't seem frightened in the least. She was even a little insulted that the human looked almost bored. She loosens her grip a little, not believing that the human would run off. "They're napping. Now tell me, who are you and what are you doing with the Salvatore brothers?"

Luna stops herself from rolling her eyes at Katherine's attempt to compel her. "We went Christmas shopping."

"And which one are you dating?" Katherine's tone is mild, easily hiding her curiosity. She hadn't expected the Salvatores to abandon their precious Elena, but was a little pleased, nonetheless. Perhaps the two men finally saw the annoying, self-righteous girl for who she really was.

"You think I-" Luna bursts out in laughter. "No-no. I-just no."

"Alright, then tell me this. Why aren't you scared of me?" Katherine snaps, growing impatient.

"Well... I'm mated to four Originals, so-" Luna happily confesses. Thinking of her mates made her miss them a little and she hoped Katherine would let her outlive this first meeting. Her eyebrows rise when she sees Katherine's expression turn into a shocked one. "Hey, there is that look of horror and realization I was waiting for."

"You're mated to Klaus?" Katherine immediately retracts her hand, as if burned. Her eyes fly to the girl's neck, belatedly noticing the several scars that littered the girl's throat. The scent that came from the girl suddenly made sense, as well as her calm demeanor.

Katherine mentally pats herself on the back for not killing the girl the second she entered the boarding home, knowing that Niklaus would make 500 years on the run seem like a holiday if he found out she had killed his mate.

"Yep, and his three very handsome brothers." Luna grins, more than pleased with rubbing this fact in. She might be a little sour that Elijah had harbored feelings for Katherine in the past, so she wasn't above trying to one-up the doppelgänger.

"How is that-"

Katherine is cut off when someone snaps her neck from behind.

"Luna!" Rebekah drops Katherine's body, pleased to have found Luna and to have snapped the neck of one of those pesky doppelgängers.