Chapter 55

Luna looks down at the small paper she was holding with the important key points she needed to address. She wasn't quite sure why she'd decided to stand. Maybe she did it to feel like she could run away, not that she could ever be faster than her mates. In addition, she didn't believe that her mates would just attack her, no matter how upset they might be. They were known for destroying things, especially walls, when emotions ran high, but never had they struck her.

"I would feel more at ease if you were restrained in some way, but alright." Luna mumbles before clearing her throat.

"You and me both." Rebekah mutters under her breath, earning herself a funny look from Enzo.

Biting back the urge to snort at Rebekah's remark, Enzo opts for silent support instead by grabbing hold of Rebekah's hand.

"Before any of you were born, Esther discovered she was barren. Desperate to have children of her own, she made a deal with her sister, Dahlia. Dahlia would grant her the ability to have children and in return, she was to claim the firstborn Mikaelson of every generation. In this case, your elder sister Freya. This deal would not be a problem since you guys became vampires and would not reproduce. However, Niklaus has unlocked his hybrid side, which makes him once again cable of conceiving children." Luna halts for a moment to let the first bit of information land. Making use of the small pause, she takes a big gulp of her wine.

Niklaus awkwardly clears his throat, not daring to look self-satisfied nor boastful in the slightest with the dark look Kol was sending him.

"That was a thousand years ago, Dahlia should be dead." Elijah remarks at once, trying to make sense of the relevancy of this bit of information. He looks questioningly at his mate. The way she spoke made it sound like Dahlia could still be a problem, which wouldn't be unlikely since his mother was also resurrected from the dead.

"Just like you guys should be. No, she created a spell that put her to sleep for a hundred years, only to be awake for one year before hibernating again. She is still alive... as well as Freya."

"Freya." Finn repeats softly while staring down at his plate. His breathing quickens slightly as hope, anger, sadness, and joy follow each other in rapid succession. His brow furrows, this was why his mate had been so nervous. He wants to fire a bunch of questions at her, why hadn't she told him before, how long had she known, was Freya alright, where was she and when could he see his long-lost sister, but he kept quiet instead.

"Yes. Freya has fortunately escaped Dahlia, but Dahlia still draws power from her." Luna replies quietly, eyes still locked on Finn, who seemed to be lost in thought. She wanted to hug him more than anything, but thought better of it. Not out of fear, but to give him some space to gather his thoughts.

"I thought she died because of a plague?" Kol comments confused. Freya and Henrik were both pain points in the family and were scarcely mentioned. Especially Niklaus suffered under Henrik's death, and Finn always seemed solemn and heartbroken at the mention of Freya in their human years. When Kol came into adulthood, both were mentioned less and less by his family members.

"You met her, Kol. You brought her to the Christmas party in..." Luna looks down at her paper for a second before looking back up. "1914."

"Ah, how could I forget, I got daggered that night. Such a pleasant Christmas present." Kol snaps, glaring fiercely in the direction of both Niklaus and Elijah.

"You were working against me." Niklaus defends, glaring fiercely at his little brother.

"That does not justify the fact-" Kol retorts.

"Kol, Nik, we're getting off track here." Luna points out softly, hoping to put a halt to the argument that was bound to take place. She would let the two finish this another time, right now they needed to hear what else she and Rebekah had to tell them.