Day 11 of 100: Life's Easier When You're Pretty

There was something about the lack of sunlight that inspired Karen's lack of self-control. She would down more drinks than there were men to go down on, but not tonight. Tonight, it didn't take long before Karen was sick of them all hitting on her. She wasn't interested, and couldn't understand why. So she hit the road driving as fast as she snubbed their approaches.

A night drive.

Just her and the lit scenery.

At least, so she thought . . .

Normally at this hour you could hear the robots switch lights, but not this time - not when Karen drove past. She couldn't keep the car in a straight line, introducing its tires to every inch of the road, which was quiet, but her speakers were far from it.

Maybe then Karen would have heard the sirens and realized they were for her, "Shit!" she hadn't.

The red and blue lights lit up the night better than the stars, "Please pull your vehicle over!" Karen barely heard the words as she tried to turn the volume down. "Please pull your vehicle over to the side," the cop repeated. "I am not going to ask again!"

Karen managed to obey the instruction and brought the car to a halt. On the side of the road, the police car stopped behind her, and stood there for, what felt like a few hours, waiting for only God knows what.

The cop was out of the car as quick as it took him to run the plates. He wasn't the first man to approach Karen this evening, but she was willing to make him the lucky one if it came to that.

The cop put five fingers on the boot of the vehicle. One for each second it took to get the information he needed. "Good evening, ma'am," he said as he reached the already opened window.

"Hi -"

"Do you know why I pulled you over this evening?"

"My music was a little too loud, wasn't it?" Karen asked playfully.

A smile broke on the cop's face, "That's irrelevant, ma'am."

"So why have you pulled me over then, officer -" she changed her focus from his shades to his badge, "Den." Karen moved a strand behind her ear, "I have entered the lion's den, haven't I, Officer?"

"License and registration please," the cop kept it professional.

"You haven't told me what I've done wrong, officer Den."

"You skipped a red light, ma'am."

"And your timing is just as good," Karen's hand brushed against the officer's as she handed him her documents.

He kept his eyes on the paperwork, "Why do you say that, Ms. Bantum?"

"Cause my light is no longer red." Karen added with a wink, "if you get what I mean."

"I think I do," the officer handed her papers back to her. He pulled out a book from his pocket, proceeding to write the information and digits for her. "Here we go," he said.

"What is this?" Karen received the book and scanned it with her eyes, "this is . . . what the hell, officer Den?"

"It is a fine indicating what you did and how much you need to pay," the cop replied. "This way we both can get on with our evenings."

"No . . ." the word barely made it out of Karen's mouth. "I don't believe this," she managed to say after.

"What don't you believe?"

"I thought cops don't give pretty girls tickets . . ."

"You right." Officer Den took off his shades, "we don't."

"Oh - "

"Now if you don't mind." He offered her a pen as he indicated on the paper, "Could please sign over here."

. . .

Follow and Join the Journey!