Chapter 4

--

The atmosphere in the precinct was tense following the thwarted bank robbery.

Emma Myers sat alone in the interrogation room, her patience wearing thin as she twisted her head around, tapping the table in boredom.

She groans loudly, putting her legs up the table, "Can we hurry this up?!" Emma shouted, her annoyance palpable as she glanced towards the observation window,

knowing that Detective Jenna Ortega and Captain Hektor were watching.

On the other side of the one-way glass, Jenna exchanged a glance with Captain Hektor, her expression unreadable but determined.

"We need to get her to talk, Jenna," Captain Hektor's voice was stern, his gaze fixed on Emma through the glass.

Jenna nodded, her jaw set in determination. "I'll see what I can do, Captain."

Entering the interrogation room, Jenna took a seat across from Emma, the air charged with silent tension as she prepared to question the enigmatic suspect.

Emma regarded Jenna with a smirk. "Oh, so you'll be the one interrogating me? That sounds... Exciting."

Jenna's gaze narrowed slightly, her resolve unwavering. "Let's cut to the chase, Emma.

We know you're involved in more than just this robbery. Where have you been hiding these past few years? What's your next move?"

Emma's smirk persisted. "Ah, Jenna, always with the questions. You really want to know about my exciting adventures? Well, let's just say I've been enjoying some quality time off the grid."

Jenna's patience was wearing thin. "We have questions about your connections, your operations. You can't keep evading us forever."

Emma tapped her fingers on the table, a mocking smile playing on her lips. "Oh, Jenna, you're too serious. Life's too short not to enjoy the ride."

Jenna leaned forward, her tone sharp. "This is no joke, Emma. People's lives are at stake."

Emma's smirk turned into a grin. "Oh, lighten up, Detective. Can't we just have a friendly chat?"

Jenna's frustration grew with each passing moment. "Enough games, Emma. You're not fooling anyone."

Emma's demeanor shifted slightly, her eyes glinting with mischief. "Oh, but Detective, you seem so tense. Here, let me tell you a joke."

Jenna's was getting impatient with Emma, but thought it was no help and inhaled deeply, calming her down.

"This is not a joke, Emma. You're facing serious charges."

But Emma persisted, her demeanor playful yet calculated.

"Alright, here's one for you. Why did the bank robber take a bath before his heist?"

Jenna sighed, growing increasingly frustrated with Emma's antics. "I don't have time for this."

Undeterred, Emma continued, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Because he wanted to make a clean getaway!"

Jenna's jaw clenched, but she remained composed. "I'm not here for jokes, Emma. We have serious matters to discus-"

Emma interrupted her, putting her legs down to the floor,

"does it look like I care? I don't give a damn if i will go to prison for 10,000 years or more than that!", She raised her voice.

"You know i'm still going to escape that hellhole place anyways. So," she puts both her hands in front "Arrest me! I don't give a fucking dam-"