Chapter 21

*Sudhir Pov*

After a few days, I am finally sitting work free on the couch watching a cricket match. Even though the workload reduced than the last year it is still piling over so much with the new clients and new projects.

"Boring!" Ayesha said, sitting beside me.

"Shall I put cartoon?" I asked her.

"Yes!" She shouted excitedly.

"Boring!" I said and continued to watch cricket.

"You are mean Dad." She said, and I glanced at her to see her pout.

"And you are mean Daughter." I said smiling.

"Why?" She asked, frowning.

"You are not letting me read any story to you from the past few weeks." I replied shrugging.

"If you can read me a story today, will you put cartoon?" She asked smiling.

"After a few minutes I will." I replied and turned to watch.

"But I will not be here." She whined.

"Why? Today is Sunday, right?" I asked her frowning because I thought she has a holiday for camp.

"Ayesha! Shall we go?" Nisha asked her walking towards us.

"Where are you both going? Did I mistake today's day?" I asked them and immediately opened my mobile.

"No! Actually, we are bored so decided to go to the mall as we need to buy her some clothes and also some little items for the house." She replied.

"Oh..." I mumbled nodding.

She was just about to walk away but again turned towards me asking, "Will you join us?"

"Sure." I replied, getting up and walked to my room to get ready.

When I returned, I saw that they both are watching cartoon. I shook my head and cleared my throat.

"Let's go!" I said and we three walked outside.

"Ayesha! Why don't you sit in the front?" Nisha asked, and I frowned at her.

"No!" Ayesha replied and sat in the back seat.

Nisha nodded at her and sat in the passenger seat. I drove us towards the mall, and they both sat so quiet that I checked on them in the middle thinking they are sleeping or something.

"There is no rule that no one should talk." I said looking at Nisha.

"Well, when the person driving doesn't talk, then why should we?" Nisha asked smiling, and Ayesha laughed.

"You didn't cook us lunch, right?" I asked Nisha.

"No! We will complete our shopping, before afternoon and after returning I will cook." She replied looking at me.

"You think we will return in this little time?" I asked her shocked.

"Without a doubt! I will try to complete it as soon as I can." She replied when I parked my car at the parking lot.

"No need to hurry, Nisha. We have the whole day." I said, getting out of the car.

"Whole day?" She asked shocked.

"Yes! I am also bored at home." I replied, and she nodded smiling.

Ayesha and I started walking, but we felt that she is not coming with us, so we turned to see Nisha walking while taking tiny steps.