9- Stand Tall

"Do you think they did it?" I paced back and forth while Julie sat calm and collected on the couch.

"Have faith in them V, they'll pull through." She tried to calm me down.

Poof!

"Oh my god! What took you guys so long? Did Willie do it? Did you talk to them? Did they watch? Did they like us? Are we playing tonight? Someone answer! Why is nobody talking?" I bombarded them with questions.

"Woah, that's a lot of questions! Luke, you wanna take this one?" Reggie got overwhelmed

"Sorry."

"Take a seat, It's fine, everything is fine." Luke got to my level

"Yeah. You should be getting a call right... now" Alex pointed to my phone.

Nothing.

"Ok. Right now!" He pointed again

Suddenly an unknown number appeared on my screen and we all started cheering.

"Hello?" I put it on speaker phone

"Hi, this is Tasha from the Orpheum in Hollywood." She spoke.

Everyone started jumping up and down.

"Is this Valentina, of JV and the Phantoms?" She asked.

We all paused, forgetting I was on the phone.

"Yes, it is!" I eagerly picked up the phone.

"Hi, there was a slight mix up with the opener tonight, do you think you'll be able to open for us tonight?"

"Yes! Of course!" I squealed

"Alright thanks so much I will email you with more details!"

"We're playing the Orpheum, baby! Yeah!" Julie screamed.

_ _ _

"Val and I were thinking we'd start with 'Stand Tall'." He circled it on a piece of paper.

"Perfect."

"Sounds good!" Reggie threw him a thumbs up.

"Dude, wake up! I wanna hear, "It sounds awesome!" I know this isn't how we wanted things to turnout, but we gotta be all in tonight. This is our second chance at playing the Orpheum!" Luke tried to amp up the energy in the room.

"I...I get it, I get it, but it's hard. Do we even know what's on the other side when we cross over? Do we all still get to hang together? You... You guys are the only family I have." Reggie sighed

"Someone give Reggie a hug since I can't." I Tried to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, I mean, I don't know what's gonna happen either, but it's not like we have a choice." Alex hugged him

Suddenly they jolted.

"Are you guys ok?" I quickly got up from the couch.

"We will be, It's a good thing we are playing tonight though.

"Are you ready? What's wrong?" Julie opened the door.

"They just got hit with a jolt." I explained.

"Luke, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked.

Everyone else made some distance.

"What?" he chuckled.

"Um... can you do me a favor?"

"Anything, Val, you know that." He got closer.

"When you cross over... if you happen to see my mom, tell her Julie and I say that we love her, and thank her for bringing you to me."