Chapter 11

I wake up to the sound of shouting.

"Piece of shit! Do you have any idea of what you just did?" I grumble in annoyance as I climb down the stairs.

I see the scene of Luther holding Diego in a lock around his head. "The hell is going on guys I'm trying to sleep-" I pause as I see the face of Five. He turns away.

"Your boyfriend has been quite busy since he got back." Five and I protest against the word but his furious voice drowns both of us out. "He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's and then at Gimble Brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the Academy, looking for him." Diego pants in fury.

"None of which is any of your concern." Five says impatiently.

"It is now." His eyes radiate with fury and jabs a finger at Five's chest. "They just killed my friend."

"I think it's time you tell us what the hell these people are." I scoff. "You held it from us long enough." He glares at me as he speaks.

"They work for my former employer. A woman called The Handler. She sent them to...stop me. Then, as soon as Diego's friend got in their way, well, fair game."

"And now they're my fair game. And I'm gonna see to it they pay." Diego starts out the door and Five shouts after him.

"That would be a mistake Diego. They've killed people far more dangerous than you."

"Yeah? We'll see about that." The door slams behind him and Luther sighs before launching into another question.

"Former employer? What's this really about?"

"And cut the It's none of your business crap." I add.

He ignores me as he begins to speak.

#

"We took anyone who messed with the timeline." Five concludes.

"But..that's murder." Luther speaks in a hesitant voice.

"Jesus, Luther, grow up!" I snap. "When the world ends, they're going to die anyway."

Five sighs again for the last time. "Time changes everything."

Luther groans as he stands up, clutching his head. "I got a migraine. I'm going to think more about this and talk to you guys in the morning." He exits the room.

Five and I stare into each other for an uncomfortably long time.

"What are you staring at?" Five asks, raising an eyebrow.

"You know, it really didn't kill you to tell, did it?"

"No, I'm not doing this right now." He turns to exit.

"You know, for someone who claims to care for me doesn't seem too happy about telling me things. Like the end of the world."

He stops and inhales sharply. "Forgot I ever said that, okay? I didn't mean it like that." His voice is oddly quiet. "Unlike some people, I can get my priorities straight and right now, you're not one of them."

"I can take care of myself without you or anyone. So stop pretending that you can save everyone around you because you can't. You aren't even trying to save someone, you are only trying and failing to find purpose in your stupid life-"

"Do you have any idea of what I went through in order to save everyone? Going through the apocalypse and-"

"Yeah, you went through the apocalypse. You mentioned. Even if I don't know what you-"

"Yes you don't know!" Five turns around with red in his eyes.

"Well cry me a fucking river! The world does not revolve around you and your hero complex."

"Yeah? Well soon, there will be no world to revolve around. So excuse me for trying to save and protect the ones that I care about." He storms out of the room.

"Real mature, running out when you lost an-" The door slams behind him. "Care." I mutter under my breath.

Luther enters the room, pointing at the direction Five left in. "What was that?"

I frown. "I thought you were going to bed."

He shrugs. "I heard shouting. What's up with you two?"

I scoff. "Two? One."

"Two."

"I didn't do anything!"

"Five is the type to get worked up but definitely not like this."

"Well, I don't see the reason for you to put your nose into my business."

Luther folds his arms across his massive chest. "And last time I checked, I was still number one."

"Just shut up and go away."

A/N

Who's excited for season 4 in August!