Chapter 9

Five's pov

I blink into the car and press the pocketknife onto the man's jugular.

"You got one chance. One chance to explain what's going on inside that lab." I say. I hear the desperation rising up in my voice the more I speak. Fear appears inside the man's eyes as he quickly begins to speak.

"I manufacture prosthetic devices for fake patients. I bill the insurance companies and then sell them for cash on the black market."

"Including eyeballs?" I ask.

"Yeah, they're my biggest sellers. I mean, they sell like hotcakes. I-I got a waiting list, probably 20 buyers." I smile a little and the man whimpers and leans back but I lean forward with my knife.

"So the serial number I told you..."

"Uh, it could have already been bought. Yes. Off the books"

"I told her it was a setup." I mutter and I begin to speak louder. "I need that list Lance. Names and numbers and I need it now!"

"I don't have it." I press the knife closer and he begins to speak faster. "I mean, not on me. The only copy's in my safe. At the lab."

I cock my head and smile wider. "Well, you start the car." I lean back more comfortably into my seat as he hurriedly wears his seatbelt and starts to drive. Humans. They are going to do anything for that momentary relief that they are going to live a bit longer. I'd insult them a bit more, but then I'll be describing myself.

Smoke bellows into the air and I scream as the building starts to-

I shake my head and shudder. Not now. Especially not now.

Y/N's Perspective

The string wraps around my throat and I gasp for air.

"Number Five, where is he?" The woman asks as she struggles to put more pressure.

I gurgle out a few words and the pressure loosens. She pulls my hair up to her face and screams into my face. "What was that?" I stare up innocently at her, batting my eyes.

"How am I supposed to tell you if you're choking me silly?" I ask in a sweet voice and laugh as the man goes out and hits me on the head. "Ow." I say sarcastically.

"What are you laughing for?" He asks angrily.

"Well, to start off with, you've been doing this for hours and you got nothing. Nada. Secondly, I'm not the person my family is concerned about finding. They won't look for me until they find Five as well. You kidnapped the wrong person, sweetheart." I laugh again.

She screams out in frustration. "What is wrong with you?" she asks, her hot breath on my face.

"A lot of things. I have a list if you want it."

"I don't need a list to see what's in front of my face."

"Burn." I say, feigning a hurt look. "You can't hurt me by hurting me. I have nothing to be hurt about anymore."

They go to talk in the bathroom while I start to hum peacefully but not feeling as such. What is wrong with me? Why can't I feel it? Why can't I just be like other people and whimper and beg for it to stop? Why do I welcome the feeling? Why-

"Y/N, is it?" the woman asks as she calmly approaches me with her mask off. It's off. I can- I can-

I can't.

No.

I won't.

"Yes, mam." I answer.

"We promise that we won't cause Five any harm. The Handler just wants to... converse with him. A deal. We're not trying to hurt them."

I scoff. "Your words don't mean shit. Besides, I don't care if you lie Five on a rack and whip him to death anyway. He's an annoying son of a-" I say nonchalantly,

"A lot of passion in words for someone who says they "don't care." Isn't that right, Hazel?" she asks the man.

"Yes, absolutely." Hazel answers. "You know, one might go as far as saying you seem to be..."

I put a finger up to shush him and glare. "The only thing you're going to achieve from that is me feeling extremely annoyed and a broken nose for you." The man and woman don't answer but stare at my untied wrists. I groan. "I forgot that I freed myself, didn't I?"

The woman looks at me, flabbergasted. "I made sure that I tightly-"

"And I made sure that I knew the technique you tied me up with. My ankles are free as well, by the way. Tie them up tighter for me, will you?" I frown as I remember what Hazel had said. "The Handler?"

The woman regains her false dominance as she begins to speak. "How's this? A deal. You tell me where Five is and I'll personally make sure he returns in one piece and alive."

"Not interested." I say. "I don't care about Five's-"

"Right. But that's not the only thing. I'll give you something that no one will ever give you."

"And what is that?" I ask.

"Knowledge. You want it. You didn't get all those degrees for jobs but for the thrill of gaining more power. You did it for-"

"Right." I say. "You did your research. Was that from my-"

"Notebook, yes."

"You bitch. That's my writer's notebook strictly for myself and if you respect a writer's privacy-"

"So is it a deal?" the man asks impatiently.

I stop for a moment. There is no harm for me in this. Besides, Five is coming back in one piece anyways.

"I don't exactly know where he is, but I know that he's obsessed with this place that sells prosthetics? Meritech, yes." I begin to speak and the woman's smile begins to grow in a creepy way.

"And the address?"

A/N

I had trouble trying to write this cause Five's perspective is a little.. intimidating

Butttttt....

How'd I do?

There's gonna be a lot more of these in season 2 and 3 so I need some suggestions on how to play this one out.