Irresistible Tension

(Note: Guys I'm so sorry for the wait, I just have so many entrance exams at the moment</3 I'll try to get back on track asap tho!)

The game starts, the game mode being solo showdown. Fang hides inside a bush, observing what's happening infront of him. He then notices someone heading towards him into the bush, causing him to hide by the wall.

Edgar gets nervous because he can't see Fang anywhere. Colette notices his frustrated face.

"Where's Fang?" Colette asks.
"No idea." Edgar shakes his head.

Then they notice Fang coming out of the bush, successfully taking out the brawler. Edgar's eyes start to shine and a smile starts to appear on his face. Colette notices the behaviour but decides to not interfere.

There are 5 remaining brawlers. Fang quickly sprints between walls, being very aware of his surroundings. All of a sudden, another brawler surprises him from one of the bushes, their bullets hitting Fang right in the face. Fang grunts and launches a series of kicks at them, eventually making them fall in defeat.

3 brawlers remaining.

"Gosh, I'm nervous.." Colette admits, sweating a bit. Edgar nods but doesn't give her the slightest bit of attention because he's too focused at the match.

Fang successfully finishes off another brawler. Now comes the final showdown.

Fang stands against Amber, both of them staring at each other intensely as the poison clouds start surrounding them. Amber makes the first move, blowing fire right at him. Fang dodges it, but a slight burn appears on his arm. He shakes it off and launches himself at her.

The fight goes on for a while, but in the end Fang wins, even though being a bit burned. The stadion claps and cheers, music starting to play. Fang sighs in relief and goes back to the preparation room.

Edgar jumps out of his seat, cheering aswell with tears in his eyes. Colette cheers with him too.

They both then make their way to the entrance of the building, waiting for Fang.

The doors move and Fang appears in between them, freshly showered with wet, long hair, the small burns giving a nice touch to his skin. He quickly notices them infront of him and rushes towards them.

"Fang, you did it!" Edgar smiles with admiration. Fang grins brightly aswell as Colette.

"It was tough, tho. I thought Amber would burn me into ashes. It was also a hell of a workout, too." Fang chuckles awkwardly.

"I was sweating just by watching." Edgar chuckles aswell, the tension between them getting bigger and bigger.

Colette notices it and gets an idea.

"Well now, enough of the flirting you two!" She points a finger at them and then grabs them both by their shoulder. "If you want to do it, then do it in privacy, alright?" She smiles brightly.

Fang and Edgar stay still for a few seconds, looking at Colette, both of them getting red in their faces.

"Eh?"
"Wha-"

They quickly try to brush it off like if there wasn't anything going on between them.

"Uuurgh, you two are so into each other!" She crosses her arms. "I'll be going now, alright? Don't forget to tell me how your night went!" She looks back at them, winking, and then walks away.

Edgar clears his throat, his face practically burning. "That was... interesting. " He mumbles. "Hm?" Fang looks at him, confused as to what he just said. Edgar looks at him and then instantly looks away. "Nothing.."

Fang notices him flustered and pats his shoulder. "Let's just.. act like nothing happened. Come on, let's go back to our apartment." Fang looks him deeply into the eyes, the eyes that Edgar couldn't resist.

"Okay, sure.." Edgar agrees quietly and goes back to the hotel with him.

They walk back into the hotel, the quiet around them being unbearable, and the tension being even worse. They both knew that they wanted the other, yet none of them did any move.

They get into the elevator, noticing that it is quite full. Edgar and Fang barely get inside of it. On the way to the upstairs, they were squished together, both of them flustered.

Finally, they get out of the elevator, breathing in the fresh air.

"That was.. quite something." Edgar giggles. Fang looks at him with a smile. "It wasn't the worst.." He mumbles to himself. "What was that?" Edgar asks. "Nothing!" Fang instantly brushes it off like nothing happened.

Edgar gets deja vu from just a moment ago, but decides to say nothing.

They get into their apartment, both of them being tired. Edgar gets into the shower and Fang prepares his bed, putting on some random movie in the background.

Edgar comes out of the shower and decides to check up on Fang. He knocks on his door and hears Fang say "Come in." He goes inside of the room and closes the door behind him. The room is quite dark, their faces being illuminated by the purple lights. Edgar finds a bean bag in the corner of the room and lays on it. He looks at Fang that is laying on the bed infront of him.

"What do you think Colette meant?" Edgar asks, unsure of how Fang will respond. Fang looks directly at him, smirking, and placing his hand beside him, indicating Edgar to sit there.

"Why don't we find out?"