Glances

(quick note, sorry for uploading so late, school has been a pain in the ass lately </3 if there's something you want to happen in the next chapters, please let me know!)

Fang gets sorted into group B, while Edgar gets sorted into group D. Fang thinks to himself if these groups are divided by the skills of the brawlers, but its unlikely.

"Group A will be starting first in 3 hours. get prepared!" The manager says and leaves. Fang looks at Edgar but surprisingly Edgar is already looking at him. Fang quickly looks away, embarassed and getting red in the face. "Why am I getting red.." He asks himself quietly.

Fang walks to his group, still a bit embarassed, and acts like he doesn't see Edgar anymore. In the group is Leon (Fang thought he was a kid.. did he grow up?), Nita, Mortis, Piper and etc. He exchanges a couple of words with Mortis. They get told they should go to their rooms to rest and prepare for the fight. Fang knows he'll go after group A, but he doesn't know when, because they're fighting quite late in the evening.

As they're walking back to the hotel, Fang suddenly finds himself beside Edgar. Edgar is texting someone on the phone and Fang tries to find out who he's texting. As he's peaking at the phone, Edgar notices it and quickly shoves it in his back pocket. Fang sighs quietly and looks away.

*1 hour timeskip*

Their apartment is quite spacious. It's located on one of the highest floors. The main room has the living room and kitchen connected together and huge windows that have a view on the whole stadium. Then, they have a top floor that leads to their bedrooms.

The both of them are now sitting on the couch, scrolling on their phones.

Fang gets bored and hates the quiet between him and Edgar.

"Hey, Edgar, do you play some games?"
Edgar looks at him from behind his phone. "Yeah, I play Mortal Kombat." Fang's eyes start to shine. "No way, I do too! Wanna play?" He asks him. "Uh, I don't know.." Edgar admits, getting a bit shy. He isn't the best in the game. "Please?" Fang looks at him with puppy eyes. "Alright, fine." Edgar chuckles.

Fang sits beside Edgar on the couch and starts the game. They play against each other for around 2 hours straight. They got quite fond of themselves, too.

Fang giggles. "I definitely won." He smirks with pride. Edgar laughs. "Hah! You wish." He nudges him in the shoulder. Fang responds with another nudge. "Let's see who's stronger. The first person to get on the ground is the loser." Fang dares Edgar. Edgar smirks to his dare. "Sure."

They both fight to stay on the couch for a longer time. Fang grabs Edgar's leg, causing him to flinch and lose balance. Fang smirks and pushes Edgar to the ground, pushing his chest and getting a bit too close to Edgar's face. Edgar blushes and looks straight into Fangs eyes. The purple haired boy realises what he's doing and moves his face away, blushing too.

"I guess we're both on the ground now." Edgar admits with a shaky voice. Fang giggles and gives a hand to Edgar to let him stand up. They both look at each other for a solid 5 seconds and then the Brawl Broadcast starts.

"Fellow brawlers, please, head to the stadion. The first fight will be happening shortly."

They smile at each other awkwardly and make their way to the stadion.