SHAKURR.

SHAKURR stared at his exam score on his Macbook as he sighed to himself

   SHAKURR stared at his exam score on his Macbook as he sighed to himself. He closed the laptop and leaned in the library chair, he wasn't shocked that he failed it but it still made him feel disappointed. With everything going on with his family, Tanya and his birthday he didn't even think to study, he went in knowing barely anything and his score showed that. Shakurr could only blame himself.

"Why the long face?" Tanya asked holding food in her hand, after he pulled up at her crib they had rekindled. Not quite the way that Shakurr wanted to but he would take anything he could get.

"I failed my exam, shit was worth a decent portion of my overall grade and I blew it." Shakurr grumbled, Tanya nodding setting the food down in front of Shakurr.

"Well I thought you might be hungry since you been in the library all day so I brought you Wendy's."

"Did you-"

"Yes, there's no tomato on your burger. I know." Tanya said cutting him off knowing that's what he was going to ask, Shakurr smiled as he opened the bag and took out his food. There was no eating in the college library but most people didn't listen and librarians didn't seem to care.

"Did you talk to your professor? Can they give you a chance to redo it? Or maybe even something to boost your overall grade?" Shakurr shrugged.

"I ain't ask, she ain't the type to give out grace like that so I was just going to take the loss. I ain't even worried about the score , I'm worried about telling August about the score." Shakurr admitted

"I forgot you had to show him your exam scores, but you're going through a lot.. I think he'll cut you some slack espeically because y'all father passed away." Tanya reassured, Shakurr smacked his teeth.

"It's just gonna sound like an excuse to him, everything is an excuse to August. He ain't gone care about the reason, only the score. I'm already knowin' what he gone say..You think money grow on trees? What Im paying your tuition? For fun?" Shakurr mocked making Tanya laugh.

"Cut him some slack, he just cares and worries about you and you wouldn't even had to have set that deal up with him if you didn't lose your scholarship." Shakurr frowned.

"You ain't have to bring that up, that was a hard ass year for me. Who knew not taking academic probation seriously could do all that."

"I told you to study more, was too busy worrying about what I had going on." Shakurr smiled pulling Tanya seat closer to him as he stared at her.

"Im always worried about what you got going on." Tanya mushed his face playfully as she rolled her eyes.

"Shakurr do not start." Tanya warned him.

"How am I starting?" Shakurr questioned acting clueless, Tanya gave him a side eye. They had rekindled their relationship but only as friends, Tanya wasn't interested in being in a relationship right now and she wanted Shakurr to understand that so there was no chance of her leading him on. Everyone had their own opinions about their relationship and despite what everyone thought? She scared about Shakurr, more than others realized.