Chapter 2

Brooklyn whimpered when he hid under his blankets, not liking how red looking the dark colored monster's eyes were. His wings ached too, which made him scared if the dark monster had hurt him.

Thailog took a hold of Brooklyn's arm. "Stop your fidgeting!" He snapped, hearing Brooklyn's sobbing in his ears.

The young male squirmed in his hold. "Get your hands off me!" Brooklyn shrilled, his wiped memory making him act all paranoid, yanking his arm out of Thailog's hold and quickly scrambling out of his bed, running for his life.

Anton's eyes widened. "Don't let him destroy my equipment!" He shouted. Thailog grabbed a sedative and going to get his prisoner back, not wanting a mind-wiped gargoyle on the loose and for Goliath to find him.

Brooklyn kept running about in the lab, his eyes bulging from his head, wondering in vain who he was and what the monster holding him hostage was, longing to get away from here and find more friendly company and find out who he really was.

His muscles felt strained from his fighting earlier as he kept running, sometimes bumping into walls and knocking over things. Thailog lunged to grab him, instantly gripping his arm tight.

The mind wiped male gasped, struggling when seeing the red eyed monster again. "No! Let me go! Let me... go!" He wound up slurring, for Thailog at that moment had stuck the sleeping serum into his arm, watching his victim going into a heavy snooze, collapsing right in his arms.

Thailog stroked the sleeping Brooklyn with the back of his hand. "You'll thank me later, little one. We have a lot to discuss the next night." He carried Brooklyn back to the bed, Anton looking relieved that Thailog had managed to catch him. But Thailog had some other questions.

"I don't wish for his amnesia to go away, Doctor. Will you be able to come up with something he could take now to keep it from doing so?" Thailog asked, glaring hard at Sevarius, who wound up nodding.

"It shouldn't take me too long to make. But we should probably chain him in case he panics again tomorrow night." Sevarius proclaimed, which Thailog had no objection to, going to get some chains and tying Brooklyn's hands, feet, and tail down to the bed. It was right on time as the sun started to come up, Thailog and Brooklyn both turning to stone while Sevarius went to do his part in making the serum, eager to explore what it was like for a gargoyle to have no memories at all.

...

Meanwhile, back at the clocktower, Goliath waited as long as he could for Brooklyn to return from his solo mission, wondering what was keeping his second in command, hoping nothing bad had happened to him.

The others had returned from their own solo missions and Lexington looked around for his red brother. "Where's Brooklyn? Didn't you send him on his own patrol?" He asked Goliath, who nodded.

"I'm sure he's found a place to roost for the day. But if he still doesn't come back, we'll all go and look for him." Goliath proclaimed since now he saw all three of the younger gargoyles as his own hatchlings, and never wanted any of them to be in danger, praying Brooklyn would be safe somehow, staring off into the distance.

Hudson noticed this, taking Goliath's hand. "The lad will be alright. He's tougher than he seems to be." The brown gargoyle said to the leader, who sighed, folding his wings, wondering now if Brooklyn really did find a spot to sleep.

Elisa herself would keep an eye out for Brooklyn's statue during the day while the clan slept in stone, promising she would bring him back in one piece.

...

Throughout the day, Sevarius worked hard in making that serum Thailog requested. He knew this would take a week to make but since Thailog was very demanding, Sevarius stepped up his game to have it finished quickly.