Chapter 1

After two weeks of sembreak, the classes resumed once again. Before Blessie's alarm could ring at 4 o' clock in the morning, five minutes earlier, she already woke up.

   She immediately raised up from her bed with sleepy eyes. "I only slept for 8 hours." She mumbled to herself before taking a bath.

   When she's finished with everything at exactly 5:30 a.m., Zylene woke up, a close friend of Blessie since her junior high school. With a messy yet good-looking hair, she waved at herself in the mirror and whispered, "Good morning."

   When she's finished with everything at 6 o' clock in the morning, Lana knocked at her door. "Zy, do you still got shampoo with you?"

   "What the hell?" Zylene asked in a confused tone. "Do you think I'm a convenience store, huh?"

   "I still have here!" Hestia shouted at the fourth floor so Lana looked up at her in the terrace. "Catch!" She shouted before dropping the sachet of shampoo to Lana.

   "How are you able to hear that from down there?" Leyrin asked, already wearing her school uniform. She arranged it again for the hundredth time. "Good morning, Lanny." She teased.

   Lana hated that nickname. "Sorry, I didn't hear you at all, Rin." She emphasized the latter that made Leyrin jaw dropped.

   "Hey, stop that."

   Lana teased her more. "Stop what, Rin?"

   Lana knew that it's the way how Leyrin's past flings called her. Leyrin always get embarassed when someone's calling her in that way because it reminded her of how those people treated her before. She lost treasures but it's a rock to someone who doesn't want to commit in a relationship at all.

   "Thanks for the shampoo!" Lana shouted at Hestia. She only gave her a nod and a smile before everyone turned back to their rooms.

   Blessie just got out of her room after that, wondering why the hall was too quiet like it was about to shatter a glass. Somehow, she loved it. She dislikes noisy and crowded places.

   At seven o' clock, everyone gathered at their favorite spot—the field. It's still early so it's a perfect time to be sitting on the field together with your friends. As usual, Blessie arrived the earliest. Next is Leyrin, then Zylene, then Hestia and lastly, Lana.

   "Good morning!" Hestia greeted everyone cheerfully. The others already knew what was going on.

   "Are you going to brag about your boyfriend again?" Leyrin asked in anticipation.

   "Yeah, and guess what? Just this morning-"

   "Shh." Leyrin covered Hestia's mouth with a burger that she brought. "We're fed up with those kind of story. Can't you say something new?"

   "Ew, ew, ew. Couples like y'all? Just ew." Zylene interrupted with an annoyed face and crossed arms. "Love sucks. Boo." She acted like she was about to puke.

   Lana laughed and agreed. "There's no forever. Someday, they will leave you."

   "It's not like that all the time. You're just unfortunate!" Hestia argued, making a teasing face.

   Blessie shook her head. She already knew what will happen next after that. Leyrin also remained silent and let the three girls argue with each other. They knew it was their own way of 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦.

   Hestia's phone suddenly turned on. " Oh, I got a message from my boyfriend!" She giggled and read the message with her own eyes. "He's coming to bring me foods. Bye-bye, lonely people."

   Running like a spoiled child, Zylene and Lana kept on sticking out their tongue at her, simultaneously saying, "You'll gonna break up at the end!"

   When they're done with it, they turned their faces again to Blessie and Leyrin who's now just minding their own business.

   "I don't wanna fall in love at all." Zylene said, pretending to be shaking off the 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘵 on her shoulders. She was acting that she's allergic to love.

   "I'm not going to fall in that trap again." Lana agreed with Zylene while shaking her head.

   "I don't want to commit at all so falling in love might be the hardest thing for me to do." Leyrin chuckled, covering her mouth. The others laughed along with her.

   "How about you, Blessie?" The three asked Blessie who seems to be spacing out. "Blessie?"

   Blessie raised an eyebrow when she snapped back to the reality. "Oh, me? Um..same with Leyrin's answer. I don't want to commit."

   Little did they know that what they just said was going to be an irony in the future.