•꧁ VIII. - Crack Pot ꧂•

Cw: snorting magic coke

┏━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┓
Chapter Eight — Crack Pot
┗━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┛

•꧁ { start } ꧂•
━─┉┈━─┉┈☾◉☽┈┉─━┈┉─━

"I can't thank you enough for going in place of me," Charlie thanked for the thousandth and twenty-eighth time in merely the past two days.

"Of course, Charlotte," you sipped on your cup of [drink]. "I admit, he was a bit more brash than I imagined. Quite the charmer, though."

"Ew. Anyway, charmer?" She tilted her head to the side. "I never really took him for a charmer. What'd he do to make you say such a thing?"

"Well..."

━─┉┈☾◉☽┈┉─━

"Anyways, tits. The deal is simple. You'll get what you want, and I'll get what I want. Sound good?" A large grin spread across his face as he held out a glowing, golden piece of parchment with swirling letters.

A contract.

"We have a deal." Your pen curved and swooped across the bottom signature line on the paper. You had made Adam sign the contract first. Swiftly after, you had Lute sign the line of secrecy.

"Lovely," his grin never faded.

Adam grabbed your hand and kissed it. "I'll see you in three and a half months."

━─┉┈☾◉☽┈┉─━

"Let's just say a deal was made." You said.
"You made a deal..? With an angel..." Charlie was speechless.

"Don't worry, Charlotte," you offered a reassuring smile. "Nothing worse is happening. Unfortunately, the asshat wouldn't change the extermination date, so we still have to deal with that in a few months. But perhaps I can pull another few strings and have you go see them?"

"How would you do that? How would I possibly go see them?"

"A meeting in Heaven. In person. In court. In front of them. Surely that will help in some way?"

Her eyes widened in shock. You had more persuasion skills than she originally believed. Bargaining with angels was on a way higher level than making them angrier.

She blamed herself. Fully. It was all hers to bear the burden of failure. No fixing would amount to the wrath she let be unleashed on her subjects. So many would die. And it would all be her fault.

But this...if you managed to pull off such a feat...persuading angels to let her into Heaven's armored arms, everything could be fixed. Everything would be better. Her people would be safe.

Without a second thought, Charlie threw her arms around you in a tight hug. She let out a small sob.
"Thank you! That would mean the world to me!" She cried.

"I'll do my best, Princess. You have my word," you promised. "Come now. We best get dinner started before the remaining staff and guests come back."