Chapter 8

"If it isn't Kassidy and the new girl." Margaret said in a snide voice.

"Margaret, we don't have time for games, we all need to get out of these dorms and head home." Kassidy replied with a respectful tone.

"Not uh, you are coming with me while Kara will be with that new girl." Margaret responded with a smirk.

"Margaret, I need to get Arianna home. Please let us through." Kassidy begged, holding Arianna tight.

Margaret grabbed Kassidy releasing her from Arianna grasps as they tried to hold their hands together for as long as possible.

"Arianna!" Kassidy screeched.

"Kassidy!" Arianna screeched in return trying to hold on tightly.

"LADIES! Margaret, Kara, what are you two doing?" Principal Jameson said.

"I wanted to show Kassidy something, Principal Jameson." Margaret replied. "Oh, Kara wanted to show Arianna her new notebook and story."

"Let go of Kassidy and Arianna, right now! Margaret you are already on my watch list but this is moving to punishment when school returns. Now, Kassidy and Arianna, you two will leave first with Kara. Margaret you are to stay behind as I call your parents for the trouble you keep causing." Jameson responded in a demanding tone.

Margaret let go of Kassidy as she watched all three girls huddled together.

"So much for being my girlfriend Kara. We are through." Margaret said with anger in her voice.

"Margaret get downstairs now and keep moving." Jameson replied.

Kassidy made both Arianna and Kara get moving to the doors without grabbing anything from their dorms, they were already delayed enough. Kassidy could tell Arianna needed something as she kept looking back.

"I want my art supplies, I can't go without them. I can leave everything else but I need my artwork. It is important to me. Please can we go back to our room for that, I am sure you need yours too and we can hang out at my place to work on our art together and also watch movies and anything else." Arianna pleaded with Kassidy.

"I do have a story that I am working on that I need to go grab in one of my notebooks and get my favorite pencils along with my notes. It won't take me long. Also, my parents are on their way last I checked for all I know they could be outside right now waiting on me. Thank you, Kassidy, for not getting me in trouble. See you two on Monday after Thanksgiving." Kara said with excitement as she ran off.

Kassidy laughed then she and Arianna went to go grab their bags that had both their art supplies and notebooks along with bundling up before heading out of the dorms officially with no more delays.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Leaving the dorms seeing the snow falling at a fast rate and both girls looked at each other nervously knowing this was going to be quite the trek though it was only five miles normally without bad weather this one wasn't going to be easy and they were sure it wasn't easily going to be safe making their way back.

"We have no choice but to hold each other's hands again and make it through this snow just to make it back to your mom's with hopes my dad is there too." Kassidy said as loud as possible.

Kassidy felt Arianna grab her hand and stood side by side with each other then started walking out of the school zone as much as their bodies let them trek through the piles of snow that were up to their knee caps, luckily they were tall but felt for the kids that couldn't get ahold of their parents to get a drive out of the snow. They didn't have much daylight left to make it home, Kassidy took in their surroundings seeing that it was all trees around them and the lonely road without a plow near to clear the road, she didn't even think police officers would be out in the weather.

Arianna tugged on Kassidy's hand as she saw lights heading their way then saw them flick on the red, white, and blue lights that made them breathe a sigh of relief knowing an officer would be taking them home.

"What are you girls doing out here? It is close to dark and unsafe." The officer stated.

"Walking home from Sacred Heart All Girls School since they wouldn't let us stay in our dorms and that we had to head home." Kassidy explained.

"Get in the car, I will take you two home and out of this cold weather." The officer responded.

Both girls got into the back seat of the cop car and huddled close together. Kassidy couldn't help being near Arianna, no matter the situation. She wanted to make sure Arianna was warm and as comfortable. It didn't take long for the officer to bring them down to their cul-de-sac seeing that Arianna's mom had the lights on.

Kassidy and Arianna got out of the police car thanking the officer for bringing them home safely. They both walked up to Arianna's house, then getting through the front door and seeing both parents chatting it up in the kitchen. Arianna couldn't believe that neither of them cared to get them from the school and out of the harsh weather that they had to endure.

"I can't believe you, Mom! You rather be here talking to the Pastor instead of getting me from school on the worst winter storm through hell." Arianna said in a yell that startled both parents.

"They didn't call us or anything about the school closing plus Kassidy did say that they usually don't send you kids home or close school. Roads must be bad. Also you made it home safely." Lisa replied casually.

"Must be a severe storm out there. I need to go check on the people at the church. Lisa, can we talk more soon and keep an eye on Kassidy for me again?" Jamal said with a smile towards Lisa.

"Understand, and of course, Kassidy is a good kid to have around. We can have a girls night." Lisa replied, smiling back at Jamal.

Arianna and Kassidy looked at each other confused wondering how much have these two spent together that their being friendly. They both decided to head upstairs to Arianna's room to change into comfortable clothing and also plan their week and weekend of drawing, movies, and anything else that they could get into without either parents.