Chapter 20

Founder's Day

"Well well, brother don't you look vintage," Allison said as she had spotted Stefan in his clothes from years ago

"Well well, brother don't you look vintage," Allison said as she had spotted Stefan in his clothes from years ago. "I would go with retro," Damon commented. "What are you doing here?" Stefan asked Damon. "Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention. Isobel's gone. Heh. And it's Founder's Day. I'm here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl." Damon said and Allison rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Don't start with me, Damon," Stefan said as he started walking away. "Oh, you started it, Stefan with that whole I'm insecure leave Elena alone speech. I'm just enjoying that." Damon said causing Stefan to turn back around. "As long as you heard it," Stefan told him. "But huh? What? You have no sense of humor, Stefan." Damon told him.

"Actually I just have no sense of Damon humor," Stefan said. "Damon humor? Hey, look. I get it, I get it. I'm the better hotter superior choice. And you're scared now that Katherine's out of the picture that I'm gonna turn all my attention on Elena.  But don't worry, Elena is not Katherine."  Damon said. "You're right. She's not." Stefan said. "But she sure looks exactly like her," Allison said as she spotted Elena walking towards the siblings dressed in a dress like the ones Allison used to wear.

Allison stood in the crowd watching the parade go by. "Hey, Bon Bon," Allison said as she spotted her. "Hey, Allison." Bonnie greeted back. As the Miss Mystic Falls float past Elena waved at Allison and Bonnie causing them to wave back. Allison saw Damon standing a few feet in front of her and Bonnie and he too waved at Elena and then turned to look at Bonnie and Allison. "What do you want?" Bonnie asked. "Just watching the parade," Damon said then Bonnie turned to leave.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked as he and Allison followed. "Away from you." Bonnie said. "I want to say something to you," Damon told her. "Just leave me alone," Bonnie said. "Thank you. The device that Emily spelled could have killed me. I don't take what you did lightly so thank you." Damon told her surprising Allison.

"I did it for Elena," Bonnie said. "I know that. But I'm still very grateful. And I owe you. Enjoy the parade." Damon said before leaving. "He means it you know. He never says thank you. And I want to thank you too. You're getting stronger with your powers I'm proud." Allison said pulling Bonnie into a hug not noticing how tense the Bennet witch was. "Of course," Bonnie said before pulling away and they watched the rest of the parade together.

Allison was walking around outside when she saw Damon talking to Jeremy. "Let him go," Allison told Damon as she and Stefan approached. "You okay?" Allison asked Jeremy as Damon let him go. "Yeah." He said. "What my brother is trying to say is don't blame Elena for this. Damon turned Vicki. I killed her. Yes, Allison had a part of this but she had no choice. She was a threat to you and she was a threat to your sister. I'm sorry that it happened, I wish that it hadn't." Stefan told him.