Chapter 10

The Turning Point

Allison had spent the past two days at home

Allison had spent the past two days at home. She didn't feel like interacting with anyone, but Jeremy had called her telling her he found out she would be leaving so he asked if she wanted to hang out today. So she promised she would hang out with him all day and headed towards the Gilbert residence. As she knocked on the door she waited for someone to answer and that someone was Jenna.

"Go away! Oh hey Allison sorry I thought you were that scumbag Logan Fell." Jenna told the girl as she let her in the house. "He's back?" Allison asked confused as last she remembered he was dead. "Yup showed up at my house last night told him to scram off my porch. Jeremy's upstairs in his room by the way." She told the girl before disappearing into the kitchen so Allison headed up the stairs to Jeremy's room.

"Hey long time no see." Jeremy said as she walked into the room. "I know I'm sorry that's my fault I've been so busy." Allison apologized as she walked into the room and sat next to him on the bed. "So you're Uh leaving huh?" Jeremy asked. "Yeah, I guess so I don't really want to but it will be better for everyone." Allison said.

"No it won't. Stay please I need you. I know I've been a jerk to you sometimes, but you're my only friend and I need you." Jeremy told her. "I can't possibly be your only friend Jer." Allison said putting her hand on top of his. "Nope I'm afraid you're my only friend. No one really wants to be friends with a loner." Jeremy told her.

"Well I guess I'm lucky then. What's this?" Allison asked Jeremy as she picked up a journal that was on his bed. "Oh it's just an old journal from my ancestor. It has some crazy stuff. Look." Jeremy said as he handed her the journal to read. "I live in fear. It consumes me. In the early evening when I see the sun begin to fade the fear comes because I know that  the night brings death." Allison read out loud with her brows furrowed as she skimmed the rest of the pages. On one of the pages she found a drawing of what she assumed to be a vampire. "Crazy right. I think he might've been a lunatic." Jeremy commented. "Yeah probably." Allison said.

"What are you doing?" Allison asked as he got up from the bed and to his closet. "Just grabbing something." Jeremy told her as he pulled out a book then sat at his desk.  Allison stood and and went to stand behind him when she realized he grabbed his sketchbook.

"I see you're an artist." Allison commented as she rested her chin on his shoulder. "I dabble." Jeremy said. "I dabble pft Jer these are amazing." Allison told him. As she continued to watch Jer draw she heard footsteps approach so she turned her head and saw Elena standing at the doorway. She gave her a small smile then went back to watching Jeremy.

A while later they headed to school and Jeremy had to go talk to the new history teacher so they went their separate ways. "Did I miss something?" Allison heard Elena ask as she approached her and Bonnie. "They've been hanging out." Both Allison and Bonnie said at the same time. "Where did you come from and I thought you were leaving?" Elena asked.