Menagerie

The glow... the trail...

There was no doubt about it, this was a comet landing on Remnant! And so close to the Menagerie too! This would no doubt bring some coverage to the larger world if they could retrieve it! But what would Atlas do if they got permission to check it out? Would the Menagerie Faunus be able to keep this a secret? No; no way some eggheads in Atlas haven't already heard about this landing as well. And this would only fuel a new controversy, and wars could start, or the Faunus could gain more respect as beings, and the power dynamic might change, and-

Blake Belladonna had so many thoughts race through her head as she watched the comet land in an ocean tide bordering the Menagerie. And if it didn't just sink down completely, which it could have based on the waves it produced upon its landing alone, then it should be heading towards the shore of Menagerie.

Despite her angst from burned bridges and futures taken away during the Fall of Beacon, she couldn't help but get excited about... the possibility of what this meant for the Faunus here! Whether good or bad, she knew this was a major event for Remnant's history as a whole, given the fact that extra-terrestrial debris rarely has ever landed on Remnant since humanity's written history.

Rushing outside, she caught wind of her friend, Sun, also coming out of the room her parents allotted him during his (hopefully temporary stay). Speaking of her parents...

She shouted out towards him, "Sun! Where are my parents?"

Sun, too distracted, only yelled back in the same vocal level about how cool the crash was. So great, he's no help. 

From what she can remember, her parents were in town? There's no way they didn't see that, and the sound it made when it crashed into the ocean was so loud she could hear it from her house! Surely they are already heading to the site as well.

Interrupting Sun by putting a hand on his mouth, she glared at him to settle down a little before saying, "Sun, we need to hurry up and get over there! The size of that thing must make it worth a fortune! We need to make sure it's us that gets it, rather than allow Atlas to excavate it from the ocean or something!"

Only being able to nod, Sun waved his head up and down in agreement with what Blake said. After releasing his mouth, they both dashed through the streets to the nearest shore from the crash site. 

"Do you think it's like... something cool even? Like yeah, I get if it's worth a lot in the end, but what if it's just a rock? That seems pretty lame to me," said Sun, sprinting to catch up to Blake who was even more eager to see what it was.

"Don't know Sun!" she shouted back, slightly tilting her head so her right eye met his direction. "I think we should just let it speak for itself once we get the-"

Turning back around as she was speaking, Blake had to halt herself before crashing into a pedestrian within the massive crowd that also gathered at the site. Many hushed whispers and excited chatting filled the air. Torches were held in the hands of most, flashlights and Scroll-lights in others. 

Impatiently waving her way through the new crowd, Blake eventually found her parents near the front. More and more people were showing up as the object of interest approached the shore.

Unfortunately, even with night vision under the broken moon, it was hard to tell what the object fully was amidst the waves as it approached. But whatever it was... it was huge. Upon closer inspection it even looked... handmade? It was clearly red in color, but splotches of gold shown through the waves every now and then. Every second it felt like more was shown of it... and by now most of the crowd knew for certain it was handmade technology. At least, there was no way any natural forming rock in space would look like a massive robot.