Chapter 5

Watching several Hallmark movies I had ended up dropping off to sleep with no recall of going back home like it was planned. I knew it would happen since I am normally in bed by 10pm but I fell asleep around midnight after watching some type of romantic relationship between a middle aged man and a young woman in her twenties. It wasn't my forte to watch some love stories of the opposite gender. I didn't wake up again until around 6am when I heard someone in a kitchen that wasn't mine making coffee.

"Sorry to wake you Juliet, I am an early riser no matter how late I stay up watching movies." Ashlyn said, biting her lip.

"No worries, looks like I am staying here for the weekend since their is no point going back to my place until Sunday night, which would be tomorrow. So, what are your plans for today?" I felt a little more courage talking to her.

"My plans involve us going somewhere fun after we have our morning breakfast and get our showers, don't worry I made sure to contact Shayne on your sizes and we are able to make sure you have clean clothes. I also made sure Shayne brought over your shoes so that way you aren't wearing boots all weekend." Ashlyn replied seeing her being giddy and having some fun plans for today.

I didn't know how to take the fact that Ashlyn literally had Shayne go through my place and to make sure I would be comfortable though I didn't know where exactly Ashlyn lived nor how far it was from the shop. Guess you can say it isn't a bad thing that my best friend got to know Ashlyn a little better. It did occur to me that I should contact Shayne and let her know what is going on, on my end with this whole date/friendship ordeal though I like that me and Ashlyn are just friends, it is a comfort, and a lot better than rushing this whole thing.

Shayne: Ashlyn gave me her address so you could have clothes. Don't worry, I am not trying to steal your crush. She just wanted to make sure you were comfortable hanging out today and I don't blame her. Ariel wanted to know if she could be hired to work at the coffee shop so that way we have more people on deck? Contact me when you can. Bye!

I looked at Ashlyn still working on breakfast with ease though she offered a cup of coffee in the midst of making food. I couldn't help being excited to see a woman work the kitchen though I didn't get to learn much for kitchen use except the basic cereal and milk since I am always in a rush. She managed to scramble eggs, bacon, sausage, several pancakes for the two of us, and hashbrowns.

"I am sorry if this is too much but I love a big meal in the morning because by lunch I am snacking and taking it easy by dinner time which is another big meal itself." Ashlyn said with a slight smirk.

"It is all fine with me. I am impressed by how you are able to keep up with everything and still make them on the plates accordingly." I replied, unable to hold back a smile.

"I was raised to be a proper lady especially when making meals. Though I love being a journalist for the local newspaper and taking time to write my own stories that I have yet to bring to the world. I have my cooking to keep me occupied and to keep my hands busy while my thoughts ponder plots, characters, outlines, and so much more that goes into making a book. Maybe someday I will publish but right now my focus is on keeping my job and living the best life with my new friends." Ashlyn responded by fidgeting with the hand towel in front of the stove.

"Wait, new friends? You aren't from here at all?" I asked curiously.

"I am from here, I don't make friends easily and it seems you, Ariel and Shayne are a great batch of friends. I am glad to have met each one of you this far though Ariel seems to be a bit bossy over Shayne. I have no idea if you know but these two are definitely an item." Ashlyn responded with a sparkle in her eye.

"Ariel and Shayne a couple? No way. If that is the case then they won't be able to work together at the coffee shop because that would be too much of a distraction." I replied realizing that I may have made a mistake on my own part because Ashlyn gave me this look of shock.

"Juliet, they are a couple that is no joke. I see them almost daily together and I am sure you are aware that they live together? Have you ever gone out with them as friends?" Ashlyn seemed more confused with this conversation.

"This is why business and friendships shouldn't collide. I need to go, this isn't something I am ready to discuss." I went to leave as Ashlyn stopped me in my tracks from how she got from one side of the kitchen and to be in front of me.

"No, Juliet, no! Stay please we won't talk about that anymore. I want our day to be on the good side. Let's have breakfast and enjoy our morning but please don't leave." Ashlyn pleaded with tears fighting.

Why must this woman make it hard for me to say no and walk out. I can't let this bond get us this close especially with work and my friendship that is becoming too much. I needed to leave, I needed to escape, I needed to be back in my own world, and hide from her. I shouldn't have done this knowing what might happen and the reality of falling for my new friend. She is a customer not someone I should be with. I watched as she placed her hand in mine but the spark came back again, this isn't happening it shouldn't happen. I need to breathe, I need to come up for air.