Chapter 3

We were both standing there not saying anything else but I knew Ashlyn wasn't going to be afraid to speak more on the subject of dating. I heard Ashlyn clear her voice.

"So, are we going to do this date? Movie, dinner, and see how it goes?" Ashlyn asked, fidgeting with her purse.

I needed to get out of my work uniform, shower, and shut out the world. With her standing in front of me, I wanted to hide and not say anything to her but as always my mind has a way of getting me into messes.

"Let me shower, get out of this uniform and put on something more proper. I can make your specialty while you wait?" I replied, biting my lip.

Hearing her giggle made my body feel much lighter knowing I could get a reaction.

"Go ahead, I will stay down here and wait. I am not in need of anymore coffee though it is wonderful that you offer. I would rather not spoil our dinner." Ashlyn responded by giving a wink.

I stood there for a moment longer then made my way upstairs to my apartment. I didn't even know what I was going to wear with this whole date. I couldn't help my urge to text Shayne.

Juliet: Shayne, I have a big issue! I need an outfit to wear because Ashlyn is here and wants this date to happen. Please help, I am begging you.

It didn't take long to get a response from Shayne when I didn't even get out of my work clothes.

Shayne: Lol Juliet, it is just a date. Your first date with someone that is heart throbbing beautiful. Just put on a tight pair of blue jeans, boots, and your plaid shirt that makes you look like a country girl, she would really fall for you.

I took her advice and went for it as soon as I took a shower. Then she added in the text.

Shayne: Also wear a cowboy hat to make it more sexy.

I grabbed my cowboy hat off of the rack and I decided that putting on light make-up would be a good option even though I don't normally wear it. It is a date though so I went for it. As I walked downstairs finally to see Ashlyn in her beautiful outfit that still stunned me when she came through that door. Her beautiful auburn hair laid down on her shoulders, a small leather jacket covered a red shirt, tight blue jeans that snugged her hips perfectly, and her black boots with chains on them. You would swear she is from an action movie with that enticing outfit.

"You look stunning." Ashlyn said.

"So do you." I replied shyly.

"Ready to go eat? Our reservation should be good by the time we get up there." Ashlyn responded.

Before I could back out of it, she grabbed my hand gently, and guided me out of the shop. I had to stop her for a moment to lock the shop then she took me by the hand again as we walked for a little bit to find her vehicle which turned out to be a 1972 Chevy Chevelle with candy apple red all around and two big black racing stripes on the hood. I went to open the car door though Ashlyn decided to open it for me.

"A lady that deserves to be treated like a lady." Ashlyn said.

I let her gently place me inside her car and as she shut the door, she rushed to her side. After we put our seatbelts on, we were off to the restaurant that she reserved.

"I hope you like Italian food because I found a restaurant on the other side of town for us to enjoy." Ashlyn said, tapping the steering wheel to some light music on the radio.

"I love Italian food, especially Alfredo, Lasagna, and Spaghetti. I do love a good glass of wine with it too." I replied feeling myself fidget with the hem of my shirt.

I saw Ashlyn looking like she was taking a mental note of what I just said as she was focusing on the road. Without paying too much attention to where we were going that was out of town and away from the shop. It felt so different, I didn't leave town much but when I did, it felt like a joy ride.

Arriving at the restaurant an hour later though Ashlyn called them to make sure our reservation is still available on the way. Shutting the car off Ashlyn told me to wait and she would open my door. I waited patiently then she guided me out of the car to the fancy Italian restaurant that neither dressed to fancy for. I did realize that I left my hat in the car but didn't bother to retrieve it. Once we got placed into a red booth in the far corner away from everyone, we ordered a bottle of white wine, and our dinner.

"We probably won't have time to make it to a movie this evening but we can go back to my place and watch one if you would like?" Ashlyn said, placing her napkin on her lap.

"That sounds fun. Will we have popcorn too?" I replied not realizing that Ashlyn may not eat popcorn.

"Definitely and buttered too. I will take you home after the movie though so we can see what tomorrow holds." Ashlyn responded.

As the waitress came with our dinner, we both ate and made small talk while enjoying the wine. I felt a bit buzzed but nothing that wouldn't keep me focusing on her. It is the first dinner date in several years that I have actually enjoyed company without needing to reach for my phone to bail out. Before I could finish my dish Ashlyn offered her hand out and guided me to the dance floor. I was flabbergasted by how well we slowly danced together with everyone watching, I hid my face into Ashlyn's shoulder when she whispered.

"You have nothing to be shy over. I got you. Just think of it as the two of us in your shop slow dancing."

I looked up at her with her light chocolate brown eyes shining back at me. I felt like I could kiss her but it is only a first date and I didn't want to start something neither of us is ready for.