Chapter 41

Nathan's POV :

I woke up at 6am due to my usual habit but I was still feeling a bit tired. I shrugged it off and went to freshen up. I changed into my sweats and a t-shirt to wear for the workout. Today is Sunday but then again staying fit is also necessary. I decided to go for jogging instead of hitting gym since early Sunday morning jog in Central Park feels refreshing.

I freshened up and wore my sports joggers and black vest. Later I applied my cologne and combed my hair with my fingers. Once everything was done I wore my sports shoes and looked at myself once in the mirror.

I left my room and went to Liam's room. He was sleeping peacefully while clutching his favourite soft toy to his chest. He loves cuddling be it with me or his soft toy. I went near him and kissed his forehead. I looked at his face to see a little drool at the corner of his mouth. Chuckling to myself, I wiped it with my finger and kissed his cheeks. It has been a part of my morning routine to go to his room as the first thing.

Softly closing his door, I went into the living room to see sun rays lighting up the condo in its golden glow. I went to the balcony and closed my eyes feeling the warmth and exhaled. Days like these make me feel grateful for having this place. On some days, it gets too lonely with just me and Liam being here most of the time. When Liam was an infant, I stayed with my parents in order to learn how to take care of him with their help. Parenting a kid ain't a piece of cake, but then again he is the blessing for me so anything for him.

"Sir ?"

I turned around to see Martha with my lemon juice in her hands. As I turned around she spoke,

"Good Morning Sir."

"Morning Martha and please call me Natan. You know I don't like it when you call me sir. You are elder to me and I respect you too much for you to be calling me sir."

"Okay Nathan. Here is your juice."

I took the juice from her hands and spoke,

"Thank you. Did you check on Aria ? Is she awake ?"

She gave me a teasing smile and yesterday's events flashed in my mind making my ears turn warm.

"No, I thought to let her rest. I'll check on her in a few minutes. So that she can have a good amount of rest."

"Very wise Martha. Also, please take lemonade and some headache pills when you wake her up. I'm going out for a jog. Make her feel at home and keep an eye on Liam as well. Both of them are still sleeping. Thank you"

"Yes, Nathan."

I nodded and she went away to resume her cleaning and making breakfast. After standing in the balcony for 5-10 minutes more, I went to the Central Park which is 500 meters away. As soon as I entered the park, I saw an old couple where the lady was scolding the man but he was just listening to her patiently. I could see the love for her in his eyes.

They make me remember my parents. For as long as I remember, I've always seen dad treating mom like a queen. But my mom is no less, she had supported him in the days where there was business pressure. She was with him through thick and thin.

I started jogging and my mind went back to yesterday's incident. I remember drunk Aria is by far the most carefree version of her.

Flashback

By the time I reached my car Aria woke up again and demanded me to put her down. She is sure one hell of a stubborn woman but I'm not someone to back out if concerns her well being. She was in no condition to walk with all the alcohol and also her heels looked rather painful to balance on.