06.

Jesse

to my surprise, I arrived after Ryan did. He usually runs late but I guess today was different.

I jogged over to him "Hey ry" I said with a smile.

he smiled back "hey jess!"

his smile could light up a whole room.

I wanted to hug him but I thought it would be too weird, so I just walked next to him for a bit.

"Sooo what do you wanna do?" he asked, as he looked up at me.

"We could go to the gas station and get a bunch of snacks?" I laughed.

he laughed as well "That sounds like a good idea."

he started leading the way since he knows this whole town like the back of his hand.

he thinks I don't but I always have.

I always have let him lead though.

He likes to be in control of things so, it just feels awkward not letting him.

(a/n hmmm.. hes always in control huh😭)

We arrived at the gas station about 15 minutes later.

He went straight for the slushies like he always has.

He hasn't changed one bit, in all honesty, it's kind of cute, but I can't think that about him.

I don't want anything to be weird between us.

I went to the chips aisle and got a bag of hot Cheetos for him, which have been his favorite for years.

Once he found me in the chips aisle he said with a sarcastic tone "Aw, you still know my favorite."

I rolled my eyes and said "Of course I do dumbass"

He lightly hit me and said, "I am not a dumbass!"

"Sure you aren't," I said and grabbed my chips then headed up to the counter to pay.

He followed behind me and put his slushie up.

He went to get his wallet out of his back pocket.

"I'm paying dummy" I swiped my card.

"Well damn, I was tryna be nice or whatever" he put his wallet back in his pocket.

"Yeah yeah whatever" I said as we walked out.

I lit a cigarette once we got outside, and he was watching me while drinking his slushie.

"I don't know how you smoke those things" he mentioned.

"And I don't know how you smoke weed" I replied.

He just laughed and leaned on me.

I looked down at him and smiled.

I've missed him a lot.

(A/n next chapter has a surprise chat 💁💁 but anyways IF ANYONE HAS RECOMMENDATIONS TELLLLL MEEE)