02.

Jesse

It had been a long day and the last thing I wanted to do was go to Ryan's house. It's not for the reason you think though.

I don't hate him, I never have and never will. He is one of the most important people to me even if he doesn't know it.

I didn't want to face him. Every time I've been to his house since our huge argument he wasn't there. He was out with his 'hot shot' band.

he completely ignored me when he greeted my mom. I didn't expect him to acknowledge me anyway, but it still kind of hurt to see him walk past.

I stood there while he talked to my mom, his voice deeper than the last time I heard him talk.

"Hi Jasmine," Ryan said.

By his posture, I could tell it was awkward for him. I'm pretty sure it was because I was there.

I've seen him every day at school for four years, but today he looks different. More how I remember.

His light brown hair was back since he had his headphones on. He probably was playing his guitar again.

He looked more relaxed and less worried about everything.

It was a good look on him.

I was brought out of my thoughts when he looked dead at me.

I put an unsavory look on my face, and he returned the favor.

His phone started to buzz and he ran upstairs to take his call.

Once he walked off his mom came over to greet me and gave me my late 18th birthday present.

She handed me a gift card with a smile.

"Thank you, Miss Jackson" I granted her a smile back, and that's when Ryan came downstairs with his guitar.

He bumped into me but didn't seem to notice and just left.

"Ah sorry about Ryan's shitty attitude" his mom told me.

"Oh no it's fine. I know what terms were on" I replied, and sat down on the couch where my mother had migrated to.

"I think it's time he gets over it. It's been..what 4 years since your fight?" his mom says again, this time I ignore her words and go on my phone.

I go onto Instagram to see I have a new follower.

I smile seeing it was Ryan. Maybe he didn't hate me after all?

I don't know though it is probably hard for him to get over what I said to him that day.

I wouldn't blame him if he punched me in my stupid face for what I did.

Although it was nice to see he didn't hate me enough to just ignore the fact I followed him.

I let curiosity take over me, and I started to scroll through his posts.

There weren't many, but there were a few of him playing guitar, and then some of him out with his friends.

I honestly don't particularly like his friends to be honest.

I think they're a bad influence on him, he's changed a lot

Or maybe I'm just out of touch.

Maybe I just want the Ryan I grew up with back.

(A/N im obsessed with this story rn there might be several updates today 💓)