1: You, Me, and the Bourgeoisie

 ♔Matt Klarner♔

"Master Klarner, you are going to be late for school," my butler, Winston said to me in his heavy English accent as he tried to wake me up.

"Get out," I mumbled into my pillow. I was suffering from a major hangover from someone's 16th party last night and didn't need to worsen it with school.

"Master Klarner, your father has made me responsible for your attendance this year. As a senior, it's vital to-"

"Tell him I said he's a fucking prick and I don't give a shit with what he wants," I shouted harshly. I hate my dad, he doesn't care about anything except for money and his company; I bet that's exactly what drove my mom away. He's had three wives since and counting.

"He's confiscating your bike if you don't go to school," Winston informed.

I groaned and kicked off the sheets, unwillingly obeying orders. Besides my dick, my bike was my second most prized possession, although it made it harder to pick up chicks because motorbikes "ruined their hair". I grabbed my school uniform that was laying on the floor before signalling Winston to leave. After changing into the white shirt, indigo blazer and striped green tie, I ran my hands through my dark brown hair and slid down the railings of the stairs, making my way to the dining table.

Once again, breakfast was already prepared by the kitchen chefs and I ate alone, aside from Winston standing by the french doors like a stone. My house was always cold and quiet including Christmas where your parents are supposed to spend time with you as a family. At least this way, I could have kick ass parties with no parents around to tell me what to do.

"Master Klarner, your father has called you," Winston said listlessly as he placed a laptop in front of me. The black screen transformed into a image of my dad.

"Hey son, you excited for school?" My dad fake-enthusiastically asked me over the virtual chat we were having. We spoke over the laptop most of the time because he was off doing business or women in other countries.

I wanted to say, 'Hey asshole, fuck school' but obviously, I couldn't. "Quit talking like that," I muttered, looking into his eyes.

"Like what?" He asked, furrowing his bushy eyebrows. Thank god I took most of mom's features.

"Like you care, asshole," I cussed angrily. He knew what I meant and instead of admitting it, he decided to act like the good guy. We hadn't talked since our fight last week when he told me he was getting engaged to this twenty six year old.

"Don't talk to me like tha-" My dad began before he turned back into a black screen when I disconnected the call.

"Shall I take you to school now?" Winston asked, stepping away from his former position by the doors.

"No, I'll ride my bike."

"I'm sorry, but your father has requested a chauffeur to make sure you do attend school this time," Winston replied immediately like he had already formulated the response ahead of time.

I sighed. Fuck school.

♕Emily Brown♕

"Mornin' mom," I greeted as I descended the narrow carpeted stairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning honey," mom responded cheerfully as she prepared for work. "I won't be home until after dinner so there's some left over spaghetti in the fridge," she told me while rinsing her now empty cup of coffee.

"I can take an extra shift at Joe's Groovy Smoothies if you want," I willingly offered. I knew that if my mom comes home late, we were short on money and she had to work overtime just to pay off the bills and my school fees. I have a scholarship to the prestigious Greenmount High School, but the fancy uniform, textbook and laptop costs are overpowering.