XXIV - Rillianna

She was shell shocked. But she immediately hid her shock face with a small smile. 

She of course expected this to happen when she saw her twin brother and the way he looked indifferent and aloof when he arrived back at the cafe. Something must have happened and it was not a pretty sight. 

"Glad to see you two back." Rillianna said happily.

Which caused Darcy to internally scowl. He knew she had something to do with this and was so tempted to confront her for it. But now was not the time for it.

"Darcy?" Leila said quietly, grabbing his arm as gently as she could. Something she often did when he was in the worse of moods and this was clearly one of them.

He didn't reply, but merely shook his head.

"Later."

Rillianna was literally trying her best to kick him under the table but somewhat aimed her foot at the table instead. Which earned her a tiny bitter smile from Darcy.

Oh it takes two to tango lover boy. 

But before she was able to do anything or say anything, she felt his hand grabbed her arm and hoist her out of her chair. 

"Look at the time. I think its best if we did this another time. I'll give you my number so you can call me or text me." Leila said as she whipped her phone out and gave them her number.

"Thank you!"

She was quiet all the way back and simply let him drag her away. She knew she wanted to say something and was about to when she noticed Leila with them. Phew. She thought at first she lost her and wanted an excuse to go back. 

"So I asked for her number and I am currently exchanging text messages as we speak." She said happily while walking. To her astonishment, Darcy stopped and turned to look at her.

"What?"

"Who exactly are you texting?"

"Guess who."

"I am in no mood to guess."

"Of course you're not. Mr. Grumpy Pants."

Darcy scowled at her before literally taking the phone away and holding it up so she was not able to take it.

"Darcy, give it back. You're still my number one." 

She could not help but smile at the way these two were. 

"So what did happen when you and her were out and about?" Rilli asked. Her burning questions were literally lingering on her throat. This was now or never. 

"Nothing."

"You know, its better for both Rillianna and I to know before your parents. At least we can soften the blow." Leila said catching up to him.

"What happened or who happened?"

"I think she won't accept me as her mate, and guess what, I am going to be fine with that. I won't even force it. I am just going to let it slide. I am fine. I swear." He said staring at her before staring back at his twin who stared at him with a small sad smile.

"Darcy."

"I'm fine. I'll be fine. Rejection is easy. I can take it."

"But not with your chosen mate." She said said softly.

"You knew."

"We both did." She said quietly.

"Why."

"Don't blame Leila for this Darcy, I knew. I knew since we both met her when she was so young."

"Years come and go Rilli, and from what I gathered, she may as well be mated to someone else."

"That's not true."

"How would you know."

Rillianna gave a small secretive smile before turning her gaze at Leila.

"Apart from texting her sister you mean? Her twin sister loves to talk about anything, and Rillianna and I got some important things that I already assumed you knew from before."

"Let's go. I just need to be alone, and wallow up okay? Is that what you two want to hear?"

"No."

"Darcy, why don't we stay for a while and let's just sit here. Enjoy nature and burn a little steam?" Leila asked putting her phone away and giving her undivided attention.

"You two would do that for me?"

"Yeah."

"Of course you silly silly Canadian Goose."

"Seriously though Illi, a goose?"

"Yeah what she said." Darcy said laughing now.

"I always thought he was more of a honey badger than a goose."

Darcy was quiet and before she or Rillianna could react, he immediately tackled both of them down and started giggling.

For now, she wanted all three of them to enjoy it. To just be the famous 3. Nothing or anyone to separate them. 

But for how long...