CHAPTER 24

JUST KIDDING THAT WAS NOT
THE END

Arthur was busy with training along with his knights when Matilda and Emrys ran towards them.

"Daddy, can we go to the garden?" Matilda asked Lancelot. The latter carried his girl up.

"We can but right now I'm busy. Give me few minutes." He replied. "Where's your mother?"

"She's in the castle."

Meanwhile Arthur carried Emrys and asked, "What's the matter?"

"I miss granny." Emrys replied.

"Don't worry she'll come back in a week's time. I'm sure your Aunt Morgana and Ivanka will also come with her."

"Yay! Wait, doesn't mummy have a mummy?"

It suddenly hit Arthur that Merlin had once told him about her mother and now they got seperated, he had sent out a search party to Ealdor to look for her but they came back empty handed. He often saw Merlin sad when she saw others with their mothers but Igraine made sure that as long as she's around Merlin doesn't feel that way. In the word daughter-in-law the word daughter comes first.

Arthur decided that he would resume this search, for Merlin.

"I have a plan." He told his son. "What if we both and the knights are ready to accompany, go looking for your mummy's mummy?"

"That would be amazing!" Emrys cheered.

"Count us in!" The knights yelled. They had overheard the conversation.

That evening the plan was made and Gwen was informed about it so that they have a person who could not let Merlin learn about it. It was like a suprise for her. The knights, Gwen and the two munchkins sat down on the table and opened up the map of Camelot infront of them. If she's not in Ealdor than she could be anywhere else. The outskirts have already been searched and all the guards there were informed that if they Hunith, they were supposed to report immediately.

Four days passed by and thankfully Merlin didn't realise anything, Gwen and Gaius kept her occupied and the others did their work when she was busy.

But their wait was over, Arthur recieved a lead that Hunith had been spotted in a small village across the White Mountains. Immediately the knights set out and after a long fuss Emrys was also taken along. Arthur had to lie to Merlin that it was just a father-son outing.

Once they got there Arthur met his spy who informed them about Hunith and lead them to the house where she stayed. Arthur told the others to wait there while he speaks to her first. He went and knocked on the door, there wasn't any response for a long time but then someone opened the door. A middle aged women with blue eyes and black hair that are the exact same as Merlin's. It didn't take Arthur another second to realise that it was Merlin's mother.

"How can I help you?" She asked.

"This is actually, King Arthur Pendragon." The spy introduced.

"I'm so sorry your majesty, I haven't been following up much." Hunith replied.

"It's alright." Arthur answered. "I must speak to you."

"Please do come in."

"No no, it's fine."

"Please tell me what you have to speak to me."

"You have a daughter. Who is missing for twenty one years."

Hunith teared up remembering her daughter. "Yes." She answered. "How to you know."

"I also know that everyone thought that you're dead for all these years while you lived in exile away and have just returned after knowing that my father passed away six years ago."

"Yes."

"I can help you find her. I know who she is."

"You know my Merlin. Please I'll do anything just take me to her."

Hunith cried and begged.

"Please stop crying, I will take you to her."

"But why do you help us? You're the once and future king while my daughter and I are peasants. How are we related to you?"

Arthur cleared his throat and looked back at his friends standing there and signalled Emrys to come to him.

"Your daughter." Arthur said as Emrys came to him and Arthur tapped him. "Is the mother of my son."

Hunith was shocked they the revelation, Emrys didn't waste one second in hugging her tightly.

"Hi granny." He said showing his grandmother his missing tooth.

"My lord." Hunith bent down to Emrys' hight and touched his cheek. "You look just like her."

"Mummy and you and I have black hair!" Emrys giggled.

Hunith hugged him tightly and cried. Arthur wiped his tears as his companions approached them.

"Shall we return to Camelot?" Arthur asked.

Back at Camelot, Merlin was growing impatient about where on earth have they all gone. They said they would be back by evening but now it was night. Matilda also waited for her best friend to come back, the two of them along with Gwen and Gaius were in the kitchen. Even Gaius didn't know where they had gone, it was a suprise for him also.

"It's the last time that prat goes anywhere like this!" Merlin stated.

"You can't limit his freedom." Gaius said.

"When I was pregnant, Arthur didn't allow me to leave the castle!" Merlin rambled.

"What is pregnant?" Matilda asked.

They all immediately kept quiet.

"It's a stage women have to go through, it's the most happiest of all." Gwen answered.

"Will I also have to go through it?" Matilda asked.

Gaius couldn't help but laugh.

They heard the sound of chariots stopping infront of the castle. They all made their way to the front with Merlin leading them. The chariot door opened and Emrys jumped down and ran towards his mother. Seeing him Merlin also ran towards her son and carried him. Arthur got down from his horse and went to Merlin while Lancelot went to his family.

"I missed you mummy." Emrys said. Arthur joined them and gave Merlin a kiss.

"I missed you'll too but what took you so long?" She asked them.

"There's a suprise for you and Gaius." Arthur said.

All of them came together and stood infront of the chariot and waited for whoever was inside to come out. Arthur went back to the chariot and opened the door.

"Let me help you." Arthur said and helped the person come out.

Merlin was completely mind blown to see who it was but managed to not drop her son down and still hold him in her arms. It was her mother, Hunith. After twenty one years they were seeing eachother. Emrys looked at his mother.

"Now we all have a mummy." Emrys kissed his mother on the cheek.

Merlin looked at him and kissed him on the forehead and put him down. Hunith looked at her daughter and she had been told about her bravery by the knights during their journey back.

Hunith and Merlin ran towards eachother, they hugged and cried in eachothers arms and sat down on the floor. Arthur joined the others.