CHAPTER 12

"Arthur?" Morgan asked as she entered his chamber. Three days had passed since her and Accolon's wedding was fixed. She saw him doing something to his bed. "What happened?"

"This damned wood!" Arthur scoffed as he tried to fix the beam of the wood which held the mattress for his bed in place. "It's broken!"

"Oh dear Merlin was right." Morgan said as she stared at the terribly looking broken pieces of wood.

"Merlin's never right." Arthur stated. "What did she say."

"That you're fat."

"That's why she isn't right!"

"There is some truth." Morgan mumbled.

"I beg your pardon." Arthur turned to his sister. "Don't tell me that you also think that."

"I do, now that I see this."

"Oh come on, this bed is from childhood. This was bound to happen."

"As is my bed. But it's perfect."

"Yours did break once."

"Because we were jumping on it!"

"What's with this fight!" Igraine scolded as she came in and looked at her children. "What is this?" She looked at the broken bed.

"Arthur's fat." Morgan replied.

"Oh be quiet!"

"Arthur, that not the way you talk to your sister. And Morgan that isn't the way to talk to your brother."

"Before being your brother I was the future king." Arthur teased.

"Enough." Igraine cut the fight. "It's time for you two to go to bed."

"But where will I sleep?" Arthur asked.

"There are so many chambers in the castle, there should be one suitable for you." Morgan replied.

"There are NON!" Arthur replied back.

"There should be one." Igraine answered. "I'll ask the servants to prepare a room for you till then you can do something else."

Igraine left her chamber and Morgan gave him a smirk before also leaving the chamber. Arthur sighed and sat down on his study table and looked through the papers fallen on the table.

"It's less than a week for Merlin's birthday." Arthur said to himself. "I have to make the day special for her. What should I do?"

Arthur picked a paper and a quill pen and began to make a list of things he could do for Merlin that she would like. A candle light dinner? Nah, to common. Flowers and treats? Too obvious. Take her out? YES! That would be perfect but the place has to be perfect as well. Now the place to take her out...... Ealdor? Not even close, they would never make it. Castle? Uther will mind.

"The river!" Arthur got up. "At night, I'll find a place near the river with trees and fireflies, that'll make it even more special and magical. Merls will love it!"

"Sire?"

"AAHH!" Arthur turned around to see on of the servants behind him. He cleared his throat and said, "Yes?"

"Your new chamber is ready sire."

"Got to sleep in a whole other chamber." Arthur said to himself and turned to the servant. "I'll be there and make sure my bed is fixed before tomorrow night."

The servant left and before Arthur could leave he picked up the pages and quill and took that along with him to his new room. The room wasn't as big as his old room but it was alright for one night when Arthur wasn't even going to use it. He would stay awake all night trying to figure out a good place.