CHAPTER 6

Merlin opened her chamber door, she was still in the clothes she wore yesterday, it was clear that she was too tired to change and that rest was needed. She was a bit suprised to see Gwaine there and wondered what Arthur sent for her.

"Don't tell me, he sent work." Merlin said.

"Oh no. He sent you this." Gwaine showed her the bouquet of different coloured roses and lavenders. Merlin was supprised looking at the bouquet which Gwaine said was for her from Arthur.

"Arthur sent this for me?" She asked him.

"Yes." Gwaine replied and gave the bouquet to her. "Now if you excuse me, I must leave."

"Ah, ok thank you."

Gwaine went and Merlin went back in her chamber and closed the door. She sat on her bed and smelled the roses which brought a smile to her face and then her eyes fell on the note. Removing it from the lavender rose she read it.

"From Arthur to Merls!?" Merlin was supprised looking at the name Arthur wrote addressing her. No one had ever kept any nickname for her before she had heard that only a really special person will keep nicknames.

"OH MY GOD!!!" Merlin exclaimed making Gaius drop whatever he was doing listening to the loud and happy scream. Thinking that something is wrong Gaius went up to Merlin's chamber but he could see from the gap between the door and the wall that Merlin was looking at the note and roses happily.

"The prince is madly in love with her." Gaius stated and he opened her chamber door and went in just in time to see Merlin losing her balance and falling down again but she held the bouquet tightly and laughed. "Merlin, I can't have Arthur come and carry you back to your bed."

Merlin blushed which made her look like a red rose like the ones in the flower shop. She abruptly got up and dusted herself. Gaius saw the bouquet and the note in her hand and read it in his mind.

"What're you staring at?" Merlin asked.

"Just seeing what Arthur sent for you."

"I-"

"Hmmm Merls, not a bad nickname."

Merlin blushed again.

"I'll let Arthur be the one to call you that."

"Gaius. It's just a bouquet."

"So what, Arthur does show his love through them."

"L..love? There's not a single red rose in them." Merlin replied.

Gaius took a brief look at the bouquet and indeed there wasn't any red rose in there.

"Arthur, I was expecting better." Gaius mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing. You must rest if you have to go back tomorrow."

Gaius left her chamber but before going to bed Merlin kept the bouquet in a vase on her bed side table and cast a spell on it so the flowers live forever. She tucked herself in bed and with a smile on her face she fell asleep. Gaius, while busy in his work, kept on thinking about the future. He was afraid if Uther comes to know about Merlin he'll have her killed.

"How would Arthur react to Merlin's magic?" Gaius asked himself.

Suddenly he heard a voice calling him. Gaius couldn't understand who's voice it was, a male, female it was just a whisper. Gaius first thought it was Merlin calling him so he went to her chamber only to find her sleeping in heavenly peace on her bed with the flowers by her side.

While climbing down the stairs Gaius heard that voice calling him again and this time it was coming from outside and not from Merlin's chamber. Gaius looked the doors and went outside to see who was calling him but he found the people doing their jobs. They lived on the outer streets of the market which was between their chambers and the castle.