6: Break from the baby

By now, Lumina was pushing 2 months old. It was hard for the couple to see her grow so fast but she was excited. After Harumi gave her her morning feed and burped her, she lay her in the middle of the bed on her stomach.

"Good morning, Lumi," a voice called from the door.

"Good morning to you too, Lloyd," Harumi rolled her eyes at him.

"Sorry," he came up to the girl, brushing back her fringe through his fingers and kissing her forehead, leaving the girl stunned and red cheeked.

We hadn't kissed since...

"Harumi! You're kidding me. I-It just— It tried to— You just threw— How did the tree— Where did you learn to throw a sword like that?"

"I-I don't know. You were gonna be eaten. I-I got lucky, I guess."

"Luck? You were clear over here—"

Maybe I lied about my feelings back then, but that kiss was real.

"Should I not have done that?"

"No. I mean, yes. I mean— I guess now we know why they call it Strangler's Path."

Harumi smiled to herself, "We were so young back then."

"Back when?" Lloyd asked in confusion.

Did I say that out loud? Um-

"Nevermind..."

She watched Lumi lie on her stomach as Lloyd played with her, rattling a small toy that encouraged her to lift her head up.

"You did it Lumi," the mother gasped. "I'm so proud of you!"

"I don't mean to interrupt but I was just wondering if Misako and I spend time with Lumina for the day," Wu proposed, Misako stood beside him. "I haven't been able to spend much time with my grandniece, perhaps none at all."

"We'll take good care of her, son," Misako stepped in.

Harumi continued to play with the baby since she felt they weren't addressing it to her, and still wasn't sure if Wu for that matter trusted her. Lloyd took a look at Lumina and then his girlfriend, who glanced at him and gave a small smile.

"Sure," Lloyd agreed, "why not?" the two inching closer from the doorway to pick up Lumina.

Harumi wanted to say something, but she didn't know if she had the guts to, "If Lumina gets cranky, the stuff is in my bedroom, and if she's hungry and you can't find me, formula is in the top kitchen cupboard," the girl blurted out.

"Thank you, Harumi," Misako held her hands, with a squinted smile.

After Misako and Wu left with Lumina, Harumi decided to get some much needed and lacked rest.

"You sounded a bit worried just then," Lloyd pointed out, before leaving her room.

"Did I?" Harumi was left in shock that he noticed it, "I guess I'm just not used to anyone, except from you and I, looking after her."

"Don't worry, Rumi, they're good with babies," he reassured before walking off.

Less than ten minutes had passed, and the other ninja could be heard plotting something.

"You two go convince Harumi, you two go convince Lloyd, and we'll set up the picnic, okay?" voices whispered throughout the hallways, some giggles and some shushes could be heard.